PDA

View Full Version : Top Gear?

CP
23-09-06, 11:16 AM
Ok so its not everyones cup of tea but the beeb maybe considering shutting it down or making it into a more "acceptably PC" shaddow of its former self. Whilst you might not agree with Clarkson et al, the show does at least unashamedly stand up for the rights of us who like to own fast cars and use them. In the wake of Richard Hammonds accident its is likely that pressure will be brought to bear by the shows many enemies to shut it down.

If you like the show now is the time to lobby the BBC and let it know your views @ www.bbc.co.uk (http://www.bbc.co.uk). If the show gets overwhelming support from the likes of us the TG editorial and production team will have a much better chance to argue their corner effectively and retain their right to run the show as they see fit.

dannyb
23-09-06, 11:52 AM
It would have been broadcast ahead of the new series of Top Gear but the corporation has said it is not in a position to confirm the transmission of the new series. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5372890.stm

So they've made a new series and they aren't going to show it??!!
Who/where do we e-mail in protest?

Welsh Dan
23-09-06, 01:02 PM
A BBC spokeswoman also confirmed the final part of the Best of Top Gear, which was due to be screened on 1 October, had been postponed indefinitely.

It would have been broadcast ahead of the new series of Top Gear but the corporation has said it is not in a position to confirm the transmission of the new series.

They're not showing the 'best of' episode. They might show the next series.

Jack
23-09-06, 04:09 PM
Read that report earlier - I took it to mean that the filming of the new series was on hold (as in wasn't fully completed) because they were waiting for hamster to recover so they could finish with him in it still, not that they'd finished it but weren't going to show it, or even cancel the series.

Phil GTE
23-09-06, 04:20 PM
Only to outside stuff has been recorded. The new series ins't complete yet

(I know this because I have tickets to go - if it still happens)

Philsutton
23-09-06, 05:11 PM
if they do that they can kiss good bye to buying a TV licence, its the only thing worth watching. No reason to have a tv then. I can watch dvd's on my computer.

Lee
23-09-06, 06:53 PM
Good call Charles, ive lobbed an email over already, ill send another from another email address in a few days.