PDA

View Full Version : 60/40 split seats

Lucky Luke!
22-09-06, 04:56 PM
How easy is it to put the 60/40 split seats into a car that has just a bench at the moment?

dannyb
22-09-06, 05:51 PM
Easy, they just go in and rest on the parcel shelf. My 5 door came with the single piece 'rainbow' bench and was replaced by the SRi back bench after I got SRi front seats. The hardest part was making a SRi colour cushion cover to go over the original as the 3 door bottom part of the seat doesn't just go in a 5 door.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/RedSRrearbenchhowitcoversphotobucke.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/dannyblo/RdSRrearbenchphotobucket.jpg

In a 3 door, dont worry about it, it'll work.

Lucky Luke!
23-09-06, 02:16 AM
Any other takers?

dannyb
23-09-06, 10:37 AM
As said before mate, they just go in

Ste L
23-09-06, 01:16 PM
if you want the to fit properly you will be the middle mount for the back rest

Lucky Luke!
23-09-06, 01:19 PM
Now i'm getting somewhere! Stiching and making covers aint for me!

mowgli
23-09-06, 08:18 PM
OK here's how I did it with my old A reg one.

Go to a scrap yard & cut the middle seat bracket (with about a 4 inch square of floor to overlap each way) out of the floor of a suitable wreck. Be careful because the fuel tank is underneath it.
Then simply fit it to your car. Now I was lucky cos I had the tank out at the time so it was just a case of drill & pop rivet & then fit the 60/40 seat straight in.
If you don't want to take your tank out, you can get drill guide devices so you only drill a few mm & be very careful.
Remember there are wires underneath so go slowly.

Adam
24-09-06, 12:16 AM
It sposed to be a MOT fail if you dont have the mount that secures them.
However mine passed without it fitted.

dannyb
24-09-06, 05:32 PM
Mine passes MOTs with no bracket in the middle.

And Luke, sorry if I went on a tangent, just trying to help you out mate.

Lucky Luke!
24-09-06, 09:24 PM
Sorry mate, i appreciated the help, just that i'm not very good at stitching!

novaco
24-09-06, 09:27 PM
instead of cutting half the floor out like said above you could just drill out the spot welds.

however mine seem ok without the braket

Spudly
24-09-06, 11:12 PM
As above, if you drill out the welds one one in a wrecked nov, one of the seatbelt clips bolts through the bracket so you can get away with jus bolting it in just hold it square as you tighten it up lol!!!

Cheeze
25-09-06, 07:08 AM
The GSi i just stripped had the seat mounts rivited onto the body of the car, now from what i know i thought all the gsi came with 60/40 rear seats,

So they must have been forgotten when the shell was being built and where added at some point after

Ste L
25-09-06, 10:06 AM
instead of cutting half the floor out like said above you could just drill out the spot welds.

however mine seem ok without the braket

i just used a chissel on it peel'd up...

not got round to fitting it yet, and they are fine without the bracket :thumb: