PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Novabods...help us out...

Anonymous
08-10-00, 11:50 AM
This is what i wanna do to my nova 1.3sr and i am wondering what to declare:

Colour code front and rear bumpers, & rear spoiler & grille.
Remove the vinyl from the bottom half of the doors
paint the boot panel matt black (like nova GTE's)
GTE side skirts
lower the bitch 60mm on springs
Astra GTE alloys (14" jobbies)
full Ashley exhaust system (except manifold)
K&N bolt on filter
Head Skim & Gas Flow
Clear front indicators

Right?..i know I?ve got to declare obvious mods such as the side skirts, the alloys, the zorst and filter, but what about the rest?
Does colour coding your bumpers up your premium?
Will spraying the boot matt black up my premium?
What about the clear indicators?

I know u shouldn?t piss around with your insurance, but can I get away with not declaring the head skim & gas flow? Do CIS insurance up your premium for lowering your car?

Any advice would be appreciated

Cheers Guys

Happy Motoring

Ged

Anonymous
08-10-00, 01:46 PM
PHONE THEM UP AND DECLARE THE LOT! OTHERWISE WE WILL ALL HAVE NO SYMPATHY WITH YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A CRASH AND YOUR INSURANCE IS VOID. THEY PROB WONT AFFECT YOUR PREMIUM, BUT WHATS AN EXTRA ?200 A YEAR, WHEN YOUR INSURANCE IS VOIDE, LEAVING YOU TO COUGH UP ?30,000 FOR A BMW YOU WROTE OFF! DELCARE THE LOT. TRUST ME. INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL FIND ANY MEANS TO MAKE YOUR INSURANCE VOID ITS A FACT OF LIFE LIKE THE BIRDS AND THE BEES, SO DECLARE THE LOT. OK. SORTED. ANOTHER JOB DONE.

CHEERS

DAVO

Anonymous
11-10-00, 04:01 PM
Im with CIS but i'm not saying whether Ive declared my mods (incase they find out). No, seriously I would tell them about all of the mods coz the only reason you are paying for your insurance is incase you need it, if you do need it and you haven't declared anything your fucked. If your thinking about not declaring mods then you might as well not bother insuraning at all coz your throwing your money down the drain. CIS are quite good with mods, hey dont lower your insurance by fitting a cat1 alarm an immobiliser so they don't put up your premiums too much with the mods. P.S some twat hit my Nova 2 weeks ago and didn't stop !! The police came to look at my car and took a full report of the vehicles spec and sent it to CIS if I hadn't declared the mods I would be fucked 2.