PDA

View Full Version : nova gsi conversion into a corsa

toby.d
21-09-06, 09:48 PM
some off you may remember that i have asked thius before.but i purchus my engine today off one of my brothers mates. i was told it had been fitted with a kent cam and has been superchiped.well when i went to pick it up.i does have the cam fitted but hes sold the ecu, and has butchered the wires to death really.
iv been patching up most things and iv been told by him that the engine uses the same loom but diferent ecu, the wierd thing is, is that it is a very late spec nova gsi engine which uses a coil pack thingy.not the old skool distributer, if im right.so is he talkin crap or is he right?
also can use any gsi ecu and plug it into my corsa loom or does it have to be from a 92 onwards nova. many thanks guys

stuartp
21-09-06, 11:00 PM
Firstly you will need late spec wirring and ecu. i was gonne say a corsa loom but thats only 1.4.Any way you will then need to chip the ecu to make it run with the uprated cam. I put a nova gte lump in my corsa van and the wiring was really easy. Same as XE conversions!!

Nick
21-09-06, 11:22 PM
The managment between the C16SE and the E16SE is different ! i can't quite remember which ECU you need !

It will run ok with the Uprated cam, without it being "chipped"

toby.d
23-09-06, 04:58 PM
kool.thanks guys.well iv got all the engine in, all wired and plumbed in. its running really ruff tho.is tis due to the 1.4 ecu??
bit new to engine conversions and the wiring.everything is conected and iv used the corsa loom.
would you say the best thing to do is get a late spec gsi ecu and get it chiped to make it run better with the cam?
thanks

Adam
23-09-06, 06:29 PM
Dont use the 1400 ECU, it will make the engine run lean.