PDA

View Full Version : Mot Failed

kronk10
21-09-06, 07:55 PM
But its a good thing cus it failed on three silly things. After i had the engine rebuilt i got carried away and forgot about my mot:tard: so i got it booked in the otherday and had the test today. The tester was very pleased and interested in seeing a nova on the road:confused: in such good nick. I have heard loads of people saying its hard to find a good looking nova on the road anymore very strange. Anyways he did the test and it failed on 1 worn tyre, back number plate light not working, hazard light switch broke and right indicator bulb gone. I could not believe it the car is over 10 years old and that was itlol I have looked after it and undersealed the whole car + sort out all the rust but it just surprised me. Anyway i have sorted the hazard light switch out. After collecting alot of switches from the scrappy not one worked (spring mechanism broke) and i got a couple of ebay and they were all dud:mad: so i rang up the local vauxhall dealer and they had 1 in stock. It cost me ?28+vat:cry:. But it works cool anyway sorry for the rant and being happy for failinglol god iam weird

coochiSR
21-09-06, 08:09 PM
?28 + VAT! mine only cost bout ?22 from dealer lol, and congratz on keeping another nova alive !!!
Dan

Adam
21-09-06, 08:16 PM
Come on Son!
Tyres, hazard switch, lights etc are the first things you check before mot lol

You could of fixed your hazard switch in 2mins, and made it unbreakable.

At least you've got easy fixed tho.

kronk10
21-09-06, 08:23 PM
Come on Son!
Tyres, hazard switch, lights etc are the first things you check before mot lol

You could of fixed your hazard switch in 2mins, and made it unbreakable.

At least you've got easy fixed tho.

I know i knew about the hazard light switch before the mot but didnt notice the other things lol i am just glad it failed on minor things i just wanna keep the nova running and running. I have know idea why i didnt buy a nova earlier on in life it never breakes down, starts up every morning looks great and they just keep going. I was crapping my pants i was thinking loads of things were gonna go wrong mainly because i have NEVER had a car for longer than 2 mot's:tard:

Lucky Luke!
22-09-06, 12:40 PM
How do you fix the hazard switch?

matt1chelski
22-09-06, 02:18 PM
double post.

matt1chelski
22-09-06, 02:18 PM
Anyway i have sorted the hazard light switch out. After collecting alot of switches from the scrappy not one worked (spring mechanism broke) and i got a couple of ebay and they were all dud:mad: so i rang up the local vauxhall dealer and they had 1 in stock. It cost me ?28+vat

Got a new one?

Martin
22-09-06, 02:32 PM
How you sorting the number plate light out i had this prob on my mot plus afew holes lol

kronk10
22-09-06, 08:32 PM
How you sorting the number plate light out i had this prob on my mot plus afew holes lol

I changed the bulb but for some strange reason it wouldnt work. I later found out that the bit of metal next to the bulb has to be sitting upright touching the bulb (or something along those lineslol) I have just got to get a new tyre and sort out my naff right indicator. When i had a new wing put on the stupid bodyshop cut my indicator wire up so i have gotta get that sorted now i thought it was judt the bulb:cry: plus my heater wont work and every time i turn the damn thing on it blows a 20 fuse!!! so that has also gotta be sortedlol all fun and games