PDA

View Full Version : Corsa sport 1.6 16v pump into nova spi tank??

John
20-09-06, 09:01 PM
Will the corsa 1.4/1.6mpi fuel pump fit into the nova single point injection tank with inboard pump?
Does anyone know if the pump physically fits into the place of the nova spi pump? Anyone tried it?
Ta:thumb:

Philsutton
20-09-06, 09:16 PM
yes it will fit as that is one of the ways to do the 2lt conversion

John
20-09-06, 09:26 PM
Cheers phil, so i can just replace the actual pump with the corsa unit and it'll fit straight in?

Philsutton
20-09-06, 09:48 PM
It should be a straight swap, most internal pumps are universal anyway from what i can gather

Adam
21-09-06, 12:11 AM
I think you have to fit just the MPI pump itself into the place of the SPI pump.
Keeping the rest of the spi assembly, if you try fit the entire pump it doesn't fit into a nova tank, it hits the bottom iirc.

stuartp
21-09-06, 12:29 PM
Correct its the same as corsa-vectra i used a vectra 2.0 for my corsa van conversion!!

John
22-09-06, 09:57 PM
Correct its the same as corsa-vectra i used a vectra 2.0 for my corsa van conversion!!

And does it run ok? Cheers for help with this, its actually for a irmscher sprint injection kit, but i'd like to keep the pump in the tank and just run an adjustable reg. I know that the spi pumps don't have a good flow rate, and that corsa items are recomended, but i've never heard of a veccie pump being used before.

stuartp
22-09-06, 11:47 PM
As phil says most are universal the reason i used a veccie pump was the whole lot cliped into postion saved dismantaling the corsa's orignal!! On a mates nova 1.4spi he put a 1.6 gsi lump in and i sourced a astrsa Mk3 2.0 8v in-tank pump!! they are the same dia just a few mm longer but!! Just look round the scrapper!! check its a MPI then see if it is in tank!! J.D.