PDA

View Full Version : XE Nova wiring problem

cheshiresport
20-09-06, 03:12 PM
alright guys,

Hopefully someone can help me im not getting an ignition supply to my fuel pump! Ive got an ignition supply to the large red/blue wire on the fuel pump relay but then nothing at the fuse box or the pump. :cry:

Could anyone say where my problem could be? :thumb:

Adam
20-09-06, 03:13 PM
You should have a supply TO the relay, which then switches the red/blue pump wire.
Is that what you've got?

Or is the blue/red wire wired straight to ignition live?

cheshiresport
20-09-06, 03:24 PM
Just checked it with a test light, not sure how everything works really. I know ive got a supply on the large red/blue wire on the fuel pump relay but then nothing at the fuel pump!!

cheshiresport
20-09-06, 03:25 PM
As far as i know its all wired as it should be. Ceratinly in the engine bay ive not touched anything on the xe wiring apart from connecting to the nova loom as ive been told to do it

Adam
20-09-06, 03:26 PM
Theres a 12v live going to the relay i think.
When you crank/run the engine, the relay switches that 12v to the fuel pump wire, Blue/Red.
Which then goes to the pump.

The blue/red wire should only go live when cranking the engine and when its running.

cheshiresport
20-09-06, 03:29 PM
Normally though when ive turned ignition on before the fuel pump pressurises the system just on the ignition before i cranked or tried to run engine??

Austin_Nova16
20-09-06, 03:44 PM
This does not happen on the XE. The pump works either when you are turning the engine over, or it is running. It does not prime

cheshiresport
20-09-06, 03:47 PM
Oh!

The background on mine is ive done this engine conversion but not had it running yet, tried to get it started but was having problems. Ste off here came round in his and we tried different things and decided my fuel pump relay was knackered. Got a new one and another fuel pump also (from scrappies). When me and ste were trying to get it started it did prime. So now i am confused