PDA

View Full Version : Perspex windows

Bouch
19-09-06, 10:09 PM
I'm installing polycarb windows to my be-love'ed, and replacing the two part door glass for a one piece polycarb one with sliding window.:D
The only problem is sealing the new plastic with the existing door seals.:confused:
So does anyone know where I can get a set of seals to fit or a car that has seals that I can cut to suit????

Thanks

Bouch:thumb:

chimp007_uk
19-09-06, 10:56 PM
if you do struggle to find the seals, you could always cut the perspex windows into the 2 pieces...

Chris
19-09-06, 11:08 PM
if you do struggle to find the seals, you could always cut the perspex windows into the 2 pieces...

Yeah nice useful reply there. Whats the old saying? If you dont have anything nice or useful to say then say nothing at all.

I am looking at getting some nice light windows for mine, having spoken with a few people who have fitted them you can either..

Use MkII Astra hatch front door seals (as they dont have the 1/4 window in the front) but you will need to cut down the upper seal to fit the smaller door.

Or

Use the nova upper seal and remove the seal from the top of the quarter window and then use corsa B lower window seals for the bottom with minor modification.

Then you just need to work out how to hold the windows up securely, big bit of wood jamming the window up me thinks.

Hope that is of some help, or if you cant be bothered then you could always sell them to me :thumb:

Chris

R1CH
19-09-06, 11:11 PM
Sure i've seen somewhere that you can use the rubbers out of Metro doors as there a similar shape & just have a one piece glass !?!?

Rich

Bouch
20-09-06, 12:23 AM
Yeah nice useful reply there. Whats the old saying? If you dont have anything nice or useful to say then say nothing at all.

I am looking at getting some nice light windows for mine, having spoken with a few people who have fitted them you can either..

Use MkII Astra hatch front door seals (as they dont have the 1/4 window in the front) but you will need to cut down the upper seal to fit the smaller door.

Or

Use the nova upper seal and remove the seal from the top of the quarter window and then use corsa B lower window seals for the bottom with minor modification.

Then you just need to work out how to hold the windows up securely, big bit of wood jamming the window up me thinks.

Hope that is of some help, or if you cant be bothered then you could always sell them to me :thumb:

Chris

Cheers Chris!!

I'll pop down the local breakers tomorrow.

If your looking for polycarb windows Chris, you could always make your own like i am!!
I've just bought a 2 meter x 1.5 meter sheet of smoked polycarb(which is bullet proof compaired to perspex and looks the dogs danglies) for ?95 from my local plastic wholesaler.
I've just cut and fitted the rear three, which was a piece of p1ss, it's just the front two that are going to be a bar steward!

Bouch:thumb:

Stuart
20-09-06, 07:58 AM
so youve not fitted perspex windows like your thread title suggets :p lol

for holding the windows up all weve ever done when fitting them it to take the slider support for the back of the door, cut it down to the height needed to hold the window in place and then bolt it back in.

DIY*VALVER84
20-09-06, 10:32 AM
or why not load the rubber seal up with adhesive and wipe off the excess? im sure that would hold it in place...you sure the metro ones defo fit?