PDA

View Full Version : Some new pics, and some mixed reactions...

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:03 PM
Well I spent a day cleaning and polishing the Nova ready to come back to Birmingham for uni, and I took a few pics of it down at the Nature Reserve in Nottingham not too far from me... "Looks mint", I thought!

So I come back to Birmingham to uni yesterday, thinking "I can't wait to see all the lovely weirdos, chavs and chavettes that live around me that make me CONSTANTLY paranoid about my car 24/7"

I covered her up in the back garden of my ratty student house (enclosed by a mahoosive row of conifers, a 6' fence all round and big gates) and left it there, thinking "at least its locked up safe!"

I went outside this morning to find a lad in my back garden poking around at the car cover, and his mates trying to climb over the fence to supposedly "get their ball back", which was nowhere to be seen... For ****s sake!!! I HATE Edgbaston! Most people round here have no respect! :mad:

Then this evening, I am driving into the local gym car park, (steadily going over the speed bumps as my spine slowly distroys itself due to the combination of rocksolid coilovers, full cage, solid buckets and general insanity), when a group of chavvy girls walk towards me saying "whats that bag of crap?" and "look at that sh!tter", and I nearly cried! All my hard work polishing! :(

I think I prefered it when I those lads were nosing round it! At least they liked the look of it! lol

But on the way home I rinsed a new Impreza off a set of lights and he couldnt keep up, (up to 60mph, the speed limit, and yes it was on a private dual carriage-way, with nobody else around, on an industrial estate...) So that cheered me up!

Anyway, the pictures...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3625.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3633.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3628.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3640.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3644.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3645.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3646.jpg

Rob.

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3649.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Rob77/DSCF3651.jpg

General Baxter
19-09-06, 09:06 PM
when a group of chavvy girls walk towards me saying "whats that bag of crap?" and "look at that sh!tter", and I nearly cried! All my hard work polishing! :(

must be them ****e alloys lol

Lynsey
19-09-06, 09:08 PM
thats really nice...and i'm no chav!! think we saw you at the service station you were on your way home from santa pod??...

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:10 PM
must be them ****e alloys lol

Tut tut tut... Jealousy is bad Baxter, just 'cause you want my totally unique, one off, custom, never seen before on a Vauxhall hatchback alloys........

lol

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:11 PM
thats really nice...and i'm no chav!! think we saw you at the service station you were on your way home from santa pod??...

Yeh, you guys were on the way back from Trax if I remember rightly...

When I was with my mate with the blue Cossie Turbo Caterham...

You got back then!

Long journey!

Rob.

nova ian
19-09-06, 09:13 PM
Looks spot on that does mate.

Where did you take the snaps? is it colwick park??

I dont think the hard work was wasted, cant think how it could look better!

Ian

dan16v
19-09-06, 09:13 PM
i realy like that mate! looks a good clean example!:) any plans for the engine?

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:14 PM
Looks spot on that does mate.

Where did you take the snaps? is it colwick park??

I dont think the hard work was wasted, cant think how it could look better!

Ian

No its Attenborough Nature Reserve, near Chilwell Hellfrauds.

Thanks for the positive comment!

Lynsey
19-09-06, 09:15 PM
yeah... it was a bit of a mission but we got back!! mine was the blue 1... god the lads made me wait ages for you to come out of the services!!!

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:15 PM
i realy like that mate! looks a good clean example!:) any plans for the engine?

Yup!

Just bought a 270bhp LET!

:thumb:

Rob.

Rob77
19-09-06, 09:18 PM
yeah... it was a bit of a mission but we got back!! mine was the blue 1... god the lads made me wait ages for you to come out of the services!!!

Nice one dude!

Yeh it was good to chat to you and your mates!

You had a few tasty Nova's too!

My bro got them on video-camera when we saw you in the morning on the way down!!!

Rob.

Mike.
19-09-06, 09:49 PM
thats a stunning car mate, don't listen to any chav ****ers

Lynsey
19-09-06, 09:51 PM
well its was the slowest that day out of the 4 there, only a 1.4 but its got the sexiest driver so all the lads wait for me...and i think they let me overtake on purpose oh well...i win!! woohoo!! only jokin... i think i need a 20xe!!

Ricky G
19-09-06, 10:20 PM
what a lovely motor mate forget what them girls said. did you mention they were walking?? sais it all realy i bet they wer just bored or jealous because there little boyfriends havent passed there test yet!

SRlew
19-09-06, 10:30 PM
mate that is actually well nice! awsome interior! and exterior! every thing!

rednova
19-09-06, 10:38 PM
when a group of chavvy girls walk towards me saying "look at that sh!tter.

they were probably saying 1 of 2 things

a) commenting on their boyfriends saxo

b) repeating what their boyfriends said to them the night before in bed!!!!

lol lol

nice car bud - I like it alot

draper
19-09-06, 10:50 PM
looks brilliant rob, i love the doors bars/ cage !!

Adam
20-09-06, 12:25 AM
Looks sweet, very tidy.
Liking the inside :)

Lol i never bother polishing mine, you can't tell when a white car's been polished, as white paint doesn't shine/reflect at all.

The Simps
20-09-06, 02:10 AM
Nice clean looking motor in them pics mate.

You're gonna love the step up to turbo power mate especially if you go straight in at 270bhp. I went from a 175bhp XE to a 225bhp LET and I'm still grinning! Good luck on the fitment, don't kid yourself into thinking its a straight swap!

Simps.

p.s. do you need tape over you're lights on the road?

Rob77
20-09-06, 02:33 AM
well its was the slowest that day out of the 4 there, only a 1.4 but its got the sexiest driver so all the lads wait for me...and i think they let me overtake on purpose oh well...i win!! woohoo!! only jokin... i think i need a 20xe!!

Yeh you need XE power in your life!!! :thumb:

repeating what their boyfriends said to them the night before in bed!!!!

PMSL!!! lol Quality!

You're gonna love the step up to turbo power mate especially if you go straight in at 270bhp. I went from a 175bhp XE to a 225bhp LET and I'm still grinning! Good luck on the fitment, don't kid yourself into thinking its a straight swap!

Simps.

p.s. do you need tape over you're lights on the road?

Yeh Im going straight in at 270bhp, can't wait! :eek:

I am aware of the technicalities of the LET fitment, my main concern being the gearbox mount for the f28!

And the tape on the lights? ..... It makes me go faster! :p

Cheers for all the positive comments guys!

Nice to know people approve!

Rob

The Simps
20-09-06, 06:02 AM
Don't worry about the F28 - I'm still running my f16cr box!!! :eek:

Lets see how long it lasts on a trackday tho! lol

Simps.

Matt2107
20-09-06, 09:00 AM
Love the mirrors mate.... **** what the chavy bitches say

Rob77
20-09-06, 10:27 AM
Don't worry about the F28 - I'm still running my f16cr box!!! :eek:

Lets see how long it lasts on a trackday tho! lol

Simps.

Ha ha!

Dont think my f20 would like 270bhp that much!

Just going to do it right straight away!

Cant be ****d faffing about, waiting for my box to blow!

Love the mirrors mate.... **** what the chavy bitches say

Cheers dude, I'm pretty chuffed with the mirrors myself!

Rob.

db_1.2
20-09-06, 10:45 AM
Love it! Wish my white nova looked like that, sorta does, but something about it i dont like:tard:

Still yours is a beast!:D

Rob77
20-09-06, 10:48 AM
Love it! Wish my white nova looked like that, sorta does, but something about it i dont like:tard:

Still yours is a beast!:D

Cheers dude!

Aamir
20-09-06, 12:28 PM
Car looks superb !

You should of shouted back at them chavy b1tches "Beats walking" !!!

Rob77
20-09-06, 01:21 PM
Car looks superb !

You should of shouted back at them chavy b1tches "Beats walking" !!!

Ha ha!

Thanks dude!

ANDYRACER
20-09-06, 01:28 PM
Now thats a nova :eek: paint the wheels rover hurricane grey along with the bumpers and i think u will hit perfection. :thumb:

Adam
20-09-06, 01:36 PM
Eh eh eh /\
Hurricane grey is my colour :p Lol

craig green
20-09-06, 01:38 PM
Looks great esp the early tailgate. Shame the interior looks so hectic.
Good news on owning the WRX too, cant have them thinking they are quicker than Novas can we?

Btw is the student loan paying for the LET? LOL

Riggy
20-09-06, 01:54 PM
lol looking very nice , white novas rule :thumb:

hybridturbo
20-09-06, 02:30 PM
Like it alot, mirrors arnt to my taste but the rest of the car def is

keep up the gd work

Joe

Rob77
20-09-06, 06:17 PM
Now thats a nova :eek: paint the wheels rover hurricane grey along with the bumpers and i think u will hit perfection. :thumb:

Nah I like the bumpers white dude!

May paint the wheels black though, or white, or a gunmetal colour though...

Looks great esp the early tailgate. Shame the interior looks so hectic.
Good news on owning the WRX too, cant have them thinking they are quicker than Novas can we?

Btw is the student loan paying for the LET? LOL

Yeh the tailgate is fibreglass, hence the early style (as far as I know they only make g/f tailgates in mk1 style)

Hectic interior? - You mean the wiring?

Student loan has to cover rent dude, been selling stuff to pay for LET, and of course my Hellfrauds wages...

Like it alot, mirrors arnt to my taste but the rest of the car def is

keep up the gd work

Joe

I do get mixed opinons on the mirrors, some love, some hate! Kind of like Marmite!

Cheers again for all the comments guys!

Rob.

Rob77
20-09-06, 06:20 PM
May paint the wheels black though, or white, or a gunmetal colour though...

Anybody fancy doing a photoshop of the different coloured wheels???

Iain
20-09-06, 06:24 PM
Had a look at your car at PVS (I was with Pete who you know?) when you had pliered your arches out. lol Tis a very nice car :thumb:
Edit: Noticed your arches are still the same :p

Rob77
20-09-06, 06:32 PM
Had a look at your car at PVS (I was with Pete who you know?) when you had pliered your arches out. lol Tis a very nice car :thumb:
Edit: Noticed your arches are still the same :p

Ha ha! Yeh those poor arches got dominated!

Damn spacers on the front wheels to clear the Willwoods!

Yeh I know Pete, worked with him for a year or so!

I am trying to find someone who will make me a pair of arches that are fibreglass - but not ludicrously wide arched!

Rob.

Spudly
21-09-06, 01:18 AM
Nice work mate lookin very sexy, ya cant beat a white nova, gotta say the mirrors are interesting lol, and the marmite thing that how i refer to novas on a whole, you either love em or hate em, nice job on the scooby, its always funny when you upset someone in what society describes as a s****y car lol, my old XE left a porsche boxster on our local de-restricted dual carriageway and oh did he look upset when a K- reg nova not only kept up with him but went on to leave him at some silly speed haha!!!

Nova_Houch7
21-09-06, 01:41 AM
Inside looks ace mate, infact it all does lol.

L

RJM25R
21-09-06, 08:03 AM
lovely. does the headlamp/taillamp tape attract police attention? Looks a bit racy!

Rob77
21-09-06, 11:40 AM
lovely. does the headlamp/taillamp tape attract police attention? Looks a bit racy!

Never!

I got pulled once for my classic black and silver number plates and the bobby-dazzler said "why do you think I'm pulling you over?" and acting dumb I said "tape on the lights?"
He said he couldn't care less about the lights; "it's 'cause of the non reflective plates sonny jim!"

He made me change plates, but not take the tape off!

Adam
21-09-06, 03:47 PM
I was going say that too, quite suprising you can drive on the road with it.