PDA

View Full Version : wiper linkage

Anonymous
20-03-01, 04:14 PM
my wiper linkage was shagged,well,the plastic bits were anyway.I got replacement linkage,the problem I have now is I cannot get it right!-the wiper arms cover the windscreen then dow too far,I tried setting em higher up the screen but that didnt work,I also found out that the little pivot bit,roughly 120mm long that joins the motor spindle,can be in thaasands of possitions,but I dont know which way to put or how to over come this problem,ive wasted 1.5 days on it so far,HELP!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 04:24 PM
Undo the nut on the motor,turn the ignition on, put the wipers on intermittent, when the motor stops tun it off, the motor is now in the park position, set the wipers in the park position and clamp the nut up on the motor, I think this is what you are talking about?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
20-03-01, 05:11 PM
I knwo how to do that,Im on about the position or the short arm that attaches to the spindle,as I think I have this in the wrong position,but I dont know how to tell if its right or not

Anonymous
21-03-01, 08:12 AM
I am talking about the short arm, set the motor in park, then set the short arm so it is in the position where the spindle is just about to star back across the window (park) and then fit the wiper arm, hope this helps.:)

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".