PDA

View Full Version : Handling

Anonymous
20-03-01, 02:10 PM
I have put some 195/55/15 with out mods on my MK1 nova and the handling is very very light and the handling is very poor what could this be should i lower it at the front theres no room at the back wheels to big really all advise welcome plse dont wish to spend that much
:(

Anonymous
20-03-01, 02:34 PM
the camber probably needs changing, esp if wear is mainly on one side (prob the inside edge) edge of the tyre.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 03:34 PM
get the camber and track re aligned. mine is like this, oh and do it soon coz i've just chewed up a new set of Falkens in 2 months

RobDmr@aol.com
Rob26@novaload.org.uk
Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!! even if my motor does sound like a fiesta at the mo!!!!!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 04:01 PM
Did you say the stearing is very light? Sounds odd? You could have far too much air in the tyres cuasing them to run on the cenrte of tyre only giving you hardly any contact area?

"Theres something missing, I'm not all there, Theres something missing".

Anonymous
20-03-01, 06:25 PM
If the car isn`t lowered, the camber will be ok, it sounds as if the tracking is a mile out! get it reset first (only cheap) and see if this makes difference. You shouldnt need to lower it to sort the problem out, lowering it may make it worse!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 06:46 PM
the camber can be out if the wheels are too wide. i just did a suspension module and the wheel witdh is as much an effect on camber as the ride height

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 06:49 PM
could just be shite tyres?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
21-03-01, 12:48 AM
are the wheels the correct offset?

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
21-03-01, 10:02 AM
Yes there et49 calibra alloys

Anonymous
21-03-01, 07:09 PM
Wider wheels are more sensitive to bad camber
if the cambers ok in the first place wider wheels shouln`t matter.