PDA

View Full Version : stage 3 head and race cams ??

J.T
18-09-06, 05:44 PM
a frend of a friend has offered me his regal stage 3 head and race cams for a c20xe, he had them fitted to his car with a set of 40's. think it made just over 200bhp

he says i can have them and that hey will fit straight on to my standard xe lump,

Im just wondering how the car would run with such a high lift cam and modified head , he says it should take the car to 175 / 180 bhp

Would fitting these parts affect the driveabillity of the car ? bad idle etc etc ??

Ant help advice welcome !!

thanks J.T :thumb:

chimp007_uk
18-09-06, 05:47 PM
will run very lumpy and might make it awkward to drive around at low revs.

J.T
18-09-06, 06:05 PM
will it be useable power ??

Nick
18-09-06, 06:09 PM
If it's set-up correctly, it wont idle like ****.

yet again, another myth !

Adam
18-09-06, 06:17 PM
If its on standard management tho, it cannot be setup.

Nick
18-09-06, 06:20 PM
Sorry, i somehow presumed he was Aquiring the 40's aswell!

J.T
18-09-06, 06:47 PM
NO he sold his alpha management and 40's :roll:

he seems to think its worth doing ? thought id ask you guys !!

what do u rekon then ? :confused:

craig green
18-09-06, 07:31 PM
40s on an XE...bit small.

I wonder what the head will achieve too. Most tuners know that the XE head is good for 200+ bhp no worries. Fair enough flowing it if you bend a load of valves but stage 3....hmmmm

J.T
18-09-06, 07:51 PM
45's then doesnt really matter does it !!
not what i asked !

the lad is minted so he went all out , forged internals , sbd pulleys , metal headgasket, list is endless !

he was hoping for more power so he had the head flowed etc etc ,

it would have made more power but he never got it properly set up !

shame really .

now bk to my question !!

any other constuctive comments ?? :roll:

thanks J.T :thumb:

Stuart
19-09-06, 08:37 AM
you need to find out exactly what a stage 3 head means and exactly what spec the cams are to be able to work out if it was a genuine 200bhpo or just a pub talk....

and yes the 40's/45's thing MATTERS.

ps dont be shirty :p its a discussion forum for discussing things :p

J.T
19-09-06, 07:38 PM
what difference does it make to me if he had 40's or 45's ??

he isnt giving me his carbs hes giving me cams and a head .

how will i find out the spec of the head ? port sizes ??

I aint being shirty , i asked a simle question and got a typical car forum answer ! :roll: ;)

womble sri
19-09-06, 07:46 PM
my mate had an xe with cams in, some coutney ones not sure of the spec, and a group n ecu i dont think there remappable just replacement? any way his wasnt irratic at idle but was a big lumpy when pulling away but the power was raw wheels spinning when changing gear way over 100mph!!!!!!!!!!!

J.T
19-09-06, 07:50 PM
Bloody hell , sounds like fun ! :)

Stuart
19-09-06, 08:03 PM
what difference does it make to me if he had 40's or 45's ??

he isnt giving me his carbs hes giving me cams and a head .

how will i find out the spec of the head ? port sizes ??

I aint being shirty , i asked a simle question and got a typical car forum answer ! :roll: ;)

if you didnt want a car forum answer, dont ask on car forums :p lol

well if it made 200bhp on 45's then its a completely differnt kind of spec to one on 40's....... although 40's wouldnt flow enough to do that.

well find out exactly what stage 3 means..... hell a port match could be stage 1, a "polish" stage 2 and maybe a casting mark removal stage 3 which would ammount to 3bhp.... OR it could be uber huge valves, porting to suit etc.

get the number off the cams to find out what they are (unless theya re gay regrinds)