PDA

View Full Version : Horn!!!!!!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 02:57 AM
After spendin ages gettin my steering wheel off and puting my new mountney one on im now having trouble of wiring up the live and earth to make the new horn work. I noticed on the old wheel there was a sort of metal ring under the wheel boss conected to the live, do i need this bit> if so im fucked as i sold the old wheel with this bit on it!!!!!

Anonymous
20-03-01, 03:37 AM
Your new boss should have this on it!
I've got a Mountney wheel, but a Momo boss, so I don't know what the mountney boss looks like, but I would hope this horn ring comes with it!

Actually...while we're talking about horns...this is stupid, right.....my horn (twin air-horns :D) work spot on, BUT, only when the wheel is turned more than 90 deg.
In the straight-ahead position, it only works if you press very hard.
Looking around the back with the column shroud taken off, I can see that the contact plunger is always in contact with the horn ring on the boss, but as I turn the wheel, I ca see the plunger go in more at the point where it works. It did the same with my old standard wheel (SR/GTE 3-spoke)...stupid or what?

Since the plunger is only a contact, as long at it's making contact, it should work.....so why does it not?
It's pissing me off a little, 'cos today, I wanted to blast about 5 different people for doing stupid things!!! (road rage...me?...no, never!)

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:54 AM
I had this problem, I had to fit the origional ring to make the horn work. There will be two holes in the boss that the ring clips in to.

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 10:23 AM
if it doesn't touch all the time the pin is worn, fit a new pin and keep it greased

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
21-03-01, 12:20 AM
The pin DOES touch all the time...that's what is stupid about it!
It's as if the pin only conducts when it's pushed in slightly, which makes no sense at all. I'll get a new one though anyway.

Anonymous
21-03-01, 02:01 AM
Right now ive got the ring cables etc back, i cant get my feckin new wheel off. Ah well i will go and give it another tug!!!!!

Anonymous
21-03-01, 03:17 AM
Are you still talkin about the wheel or somethin else?? :p

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]