PDA

View Full Version : Pattern wings

Christ
17-09-06, 08:33 PM
I have heard stories about pattern wings like the ones from sel-imperial not fitting very well, is this true or what? And whats needed to make them fit, just a bit of force?

Lucky Luke!
17-09-06, 08:51 PM
No they dont! force and filler!

dave_rand
17-09-06, 08:57 PM
not worth bothering with imo if its worth putting a new wing on its worth putting a genuine one on

Welsh Dan
17-09-06, 09:05 PM
not worth bothering with imo if its worth putting a new wing on its worth putting a genuine one on

if you can get hold of one quickly enough.

valver500
17-09-06, 09:16 PM
Most of the pattern ones dont fit because the bends on the top of the wings near the pillar need squashing down more as they stop the wing sitting correctly at the top. and consequently make the whole wing fit ****e.

dave_rand
17-09-06, 09:30 PM
vauxhall still sell them i bought 2 last year

Ash
18-09-06, 12:43 AM
yea, last year - they are no longer avalible (sp) i've been told.

Ash

Matt2107
18-09-06, 11:14 AM
I brought 2 from Sel.

1 fits like the original.... the second just needed a little bending here and there.

Not really too much of a problem tbh.

decwasere
18-09-06, 11:22 AM
I recently bought two pattern wing's and only really one of them needed a bit of working at. Even at that, it wasn't too much work.

I payed ?20 per wing, delivered to N.I from the mainland.
I hear GM wing's are terrible pricey nowday's.
Sure the money you save from buying pattern wings could likely pay someone to fit and spray them for you.

Matt2107
18-09-06, 11:39 AM
I recently bought two pattern wing's and only really one of them needed a bit of working at. Even at that, it wasn't too much work.

I payed ?20 per wing, delivered to N.I from the mainland.
I hear GM wing's are terrible pricey nowday's.
Sure the money you save from buying pattern wings could likely pay someone to fit and spray them for you.

agreed.. I found that in one place a lip needed bending together as it hadnt been done for the last inch and also when bolted to the car it straightened itself out quite nicely.

DIY*VALVER84
18-09-06, 12:46 PM
you can still get hold of gm wings...you just need to find a dealer with a good stock.yeah you will pay more fore a gm wing rather than a spurious one, but thats to be expected...its the same with all cars!!!