PDA

View Full Version : Slowing It Down

Anonymous
07-10-00, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, anyone out there found a good set of front brakes because mine are toss. First of all i have a 1.3sr. Lately I fitted GTE brakes which I thought would solve my worries. But they make little difference. I require something better. I've been told that cavalier SRi, Astra 16v or Astra GSI callipers+discs fit if u have a bigger than 13" wheel. Please help.

Anonymous
07-10-00, 02:31 PM
bigger than a vuaxhall sr three spoke alloy wheel!.

u could change the callipers for nova gsi/corsa sport/gsi etc. these would save the nova gte discs so u wouldnt have to spend as much but u cant beat the valaver stuff for touring car type brakes on a nova

Anonymous
08-10-00, 07:01 PM
Well i've seen a nova gsi with the same wheels as mine, so would these brakes fit in? I use 185/60 R14 tyres. So obviously 14" wheels!!

Anonymous
08-10-00, 11:47 PM
Yeah defo recommend 16v stuff.
astra gsi stuff best as have best pad shape (apparently)
i had 14" cav alloys and they just fitted the gsi calipers and courtenay disks...JUST.

Anonymous
11-10-00, 04:12 PM
Astra GSI 16v DEFINATELY, you need to have at least 14's prefferably 15's, callipers and discs. They will stop you quicker than cop at a cruise !! (mind you they are wank in the wet coz u just lock up all the fucking time)