PDA

View Full Version : GSI/GTE K&N Induction Kit

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:31 PM
Alright, got a couple of problems - I bought my car as a 1.2 Merit, since then I've put in a 1600 multi-point injection engine in, this engine came from a nova in a breakers but I'm pretty sure it's not actually supposed to be out of a nova. All I know, it's an 8V multipoint injection Vauxhall engine. I bought a boost valve and induction kit, boost valve on no probs but the induction kit is for a GSI (thought so cos it is multipoint and far as I know all GTE's are single point. This kit will not fit in place of my bosch system... anyone got any ideas which induction kit I need??? BTW, Anyone wanna buy a GSI Induction kit :p

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:38 PM
gte's are not single point they are vurtally the same as the gsi multipoint, but the gsi is a bit newer thas all. as for the k&n i think they are different for the gte and gsi thats why it might not fit.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:39 PM
GTE`s have multipoint Bosch Jetronic!!! As far as I know the only single point injected nova is the 1.2i. The filter and adaptor fits to the air sensor box, send the one you have back and order one for a GTE!!! ;D Hope this helps!

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:45 PM
they did a 1.4 single point too

Anonymous
19-03-01, 08:03 PM
Nice one boys, Nice One! I'll sort that at the weekend :)

Anonymous
20-03-01, 01:59 PM
The Luxe is single point as far as I know.
Thats 1.4....what max power use in the mag as a 1.4SRI !!!!
Idiotic max power editors..

Anonymous
21-03-01, 01:23 AM
I was lookin through a parts book the other night and i saw that the part # for the GTE induction kit was the same as the # for the GSI. So i wouldnt have though there was a difference. Also i have been told that the only difference in the GTE GSI engines is the injection system.

B-) When you become a Taxi driver, is it compulsary to have a lobotomy?

[pug_dog]

Anonymous
21-03-01, 07:01 PM
Won`t they have different airflow meters?

Anonymous
21-03-01, 07:49 PM
Close, there r 2 types. Bosch jetronic, and Multec. All GTE's and the older GSi's r Jetronic! Newer GSi's r Multec! The older 1's have a different setup and require a different k+n. If u look on ur existing airbox it will say which system u have. U must keep ur airbox as the airflow sensor is required. On newer GSi's I think its possible that u dont need the airflow meter and u can just attach the filter on the end of the inlet housing! ( I've seen it done on an SRi with Multec system).