PDA

View Full Version : T piece

Anonymous
19-03-01, 05:56 PM
u say the the T piece knocks on the bulk head, and to knock it out with a bar and hammer, well mine knnocks but not on the bulk head, but on the meshy bit where the wipers are, now i cant knock that out as id have a big dent on the outside and it`d look shite. i shortend the top of the T piece by 9mm as some of u say 8 and some say 10.
has this happened to anyone else, if so can u tell me what to do.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 06:41 PM
how did u join the t-piece again?

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 12:18 AM
Im assuming that you filed the edges off the t piece enough and in the correct place as this should reduce if not eliminate it.
mine ddoesnt catch anywhere and its been done by 8mm. have a look on www.vauxnova.co.uk or www.novaweb.co.uk and i think it suggests cutting the offending corner bit of mesh out if it does catch...i wouldnt personally as it might look a bit poo -hence why i was careful how much to cut it

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:55 AM
I did remove 10mm and it did knock on the bulkhead, but like freak said, i cut all of the edges down, and persauded the bulkhead to go back a bit. When its working, you can see it make contact with the mesh, but not hard enough to make a knocking noise. It took me quite a while to get it right, with alot of fiddling.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 07:13 PM
the corners are filed down, and its joined by welding. and it still knocks, this is pissing me off now.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 08:39 PM
well be thankful that you didnt buy a 'proper' kit for 90 squid and have the knocking...like most of my friends did.