PDA

View Full Version : FTAO: Cambridge

Anonymous
17-03-01, 08:03 PM
Just read one of your posts...you've got an Automotive Electronic degree?

Cool, just a *quick* question then ;).

I have got a Nova GSi with the Bosch Jetronic/EZPlus fuel/ignition system. The problem is that when I start the car after its been up to temperature it runs all lumpy?!? wtf! I have replaced just about every single sensor and it still does it...any ideas on what I should do now? Could it be a CO problem (I think the car is caning a little too much petrol). Would this have anything to do with causing a light kangarooing when decellerating??

Cheers for any help..

Ben.

Anonymous
18-03-01, 01:57 AM
Heh m8, i have same system, does it run lumpy under load, or when ur just reving it? Cuz if it dont have a load it may be lumpy! Try advancing the timing! This is wot i've done, no flat spots now! I doubt it has anything to do with the sensors! so fuel/timing or compression!

Anonymous
18-03-01, 10:31 AM
I have to admit i havent got it yeat but im studying for it.

as far as your probs are concerned i'd recomend a trip to a crypton tuner (or similar) it should only be about ?15-30 to get it tweeked to run perfect

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-03-01, 01:44 PM
Okay cheers guys just wondered if anyone has managed to solve the problem...

Dicko, (great name) it only runs lumpy on the idle. The engine runs normally whilst driving, bizarre! I did an ECU reset yesterday (disconnected it for a couple of hours) to cure the flat spots, and something has definitely changed on the car. It seems to run smoother and there's no kangarooing as I described earlier...My fingers are crossed that this will have a knock on effect with respect to the starting problem.

Cheers.

Ben.

Anonymous
18-03-01, 05:11 PM
Hmm not sure about the stars...

Anonymous
20-03-01, 03:55 PM
What is this, boast about your qualifications cambridge!!!!!!

In that case................

Computer Science (CS) ? BSc - you wanna worship my computer skills??????

Anonymous
20-03-01, 04:57 PM
nahh coz i could get on of dem :p

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
20-03-01, 10:46 PM
Behave :)

of course you could! just didnt want to waste your incredible talent.

Anonymous
21-03-01, 12:26 AM
I won't mention my BEng Mech Eng.....oops...just did :D ....worship my mechanical skills.....actually.....don't!

Anonymous
21-03-01, 10:42 AM
Hands out some Bog roll with writing on it.
Here have an ART degree LMAO!!!

Anonymous
21-03-01, 02:10 PM
Cambridge...I couldnt attend lectures today because I was to busy worshipping your electronics skills........

you are a sick man!!!! lol

Anonymous
22-03-01, 12:11 AM
He's a sparky, and I'm a Grease Monkey lol

A lot of my mates at uni where doing electronics degrees, whilst the other lot of us we doing Mechanical type ones.
we always took the piss out of each other!

Anonymous
22-03-01, 12:35 PM
"sparkys" are way better and more usefull than Mech slime LOL