PDA

View Full Version : whippin it out

Anonymous
17-03-01, 06:18 PM
any1 got a clue about taking out and replacing the glass on the nova, the doors dont look much of a problen but wot about the back ones??

cheers in advance

john ;)

Anonymous
18-03-01, 10:35 AM
Keep the seals in very good condition coz new ones are ?45 per side from vauxhall as for replacing it it cost me ?3 for my local body shop to put it back in. they used a rope in the seal after it was on the glass and it all looked very cunning so i gave em a fiver.

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
18-03-01, 10:57 AM
its a doddle mate

simply get inside the car and press the glasss outwards while lifting the lip ov the rubber suround clear so the glass will slowly remove from the car

as cambridge says its a dodle o put em back in wat u do is wrap sum strong string around the outside ov the seal
get a mate to press on the window while its roughly in position

now from the inside when you pull on the string the seal will be forced back over the lip in the car pulling the window into place

once its all over give the window a healthy shove from the outside to make it nice and flush

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
19-03-01, 12:18 PM
I recomend clothes washing line for this task as it slides more easily

Anonymous
20-03-01, 02:06 AM
While you're at it, if you've not got the extra window surround trims (like on SR/GTE etc), fit 'em now.
That's why I had mine out last summer....but it's not that easy doing it one-manned!
It can also be a lot more tricky when you've got the extra surrounds....the rubber can stretch as you pull the string out, and it doesn't seat properly.....I did it the second attempt.

Anonymous
20-03-01, 06:37 PM
Maybe a bit of grease to help it locate more easily?

Anonymous
20-03-01, 06:42 PM
yeah or sum soap (i can recomnd dove for its creamyness and its good on your skin)

Micky@novaload.net :)