PDA

View Full Version : rear strut brace

Anonymous
17-03-01, 12:39 PM
i knocking up a rear strut brace,i have no probs in actually making it but where do u think would be best to mount it.

So far this is the best ive came up with.
On the rear turret u have the shock mounting, either side of this u have a spot weld. if i drilled this out, and had a plate inside the arch to add strength, i could bolt the brace where the two welds were.
What do u reckon?
im also mount my harnesses of it aswell so its gota be strong. but it should be strong enough.let me know what u think.

Anonymous
17-03-01, 01:32 PM
i'd look at other designs. You dont want to put your harnesses on it if it's not strong enough to hold u.

:D

Anonymous
17-03-01, 05:05 PM
for the harnessses use the existing holes for the rear belts. Screw in an eye bolt (std size) into each. Thats the best and safest way.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
17-03-01, 08:06 PM
You`d be better of welding the brace in if you`re gonna hang the seatbelts of it!

Anonymous
18-03-01, 12:01 PM
ill prob bolt and weld it just to make sure.
as for bolting the harnesses to the orignal holes, ive done that but it looks so much better on the brace, as i aready have a full cage aswell itl look even better.
Also by putting it on the brace the angle and position of the harnesses is alot better.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 08:00 AM
I have wleded my own rear brace in, firstly I wleded on some plates to spead the load and then welded the brace to them.

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:04 PM
Make sure you dig out all the charred underseal from the outside of the inner wing or it`ll rust big stylee!!

Anonymous
19-03-01, 07:05 PM
(Then re-underseal it, doh)