PDA

View Full Version : C20let Conversion Any 1 Else Doing It ?

BENOVA
15-09-06, 12:16 PM
Hi guys any 1 else doing the c20let conversion them selves as im a bit worried about doing a few bits ? its into a nova

krobinson
15-09-06, 12:25 PM
Yeah i'm in the middle of gathering all the bits i need. I've got the engine, gearbox(diff'd and fwd converted F28) and just in the process of sourcing shafts.

I'll hopefully get the bay welded early next year, and the shell painted next summer.

Keith

draper
15-09-06, 12:37 PM
i was thinking about this earlier, how much extra work is needed compared to fitting an XE ??

engine bay is already welded/strenghened, got coilovers and decent brakes im just interested in how much more work it is ??

NickWalliams
15-09-06, 12:51 PM
if you already have an xe the turbo engine will bolt straight in its place if you use an F20, then you just got to sort an IC and boost pipes etc

BENOVA
15-09-06, 12:51 PM
iv got engine 280bhp out of a club car calibra f28 with diff , im in the process of getting my parts from Regal i just spent ?1600 but ihave got everything i need rear bump stops, bigger fuel pump , engine and box mounts a custom rad and intercooler .

im in the middle of welding up the engine bay, but i still havent got my strenthging kit yet.
i also have to put in digi dash and leather seats got so much to do sometimes i dont know where to start ?

BENOVA
15-09-06, 12:57 PM
My drive shafts are good for 400bhp and they have never had 1 break so thats reassuring

BENOVA
15-09-06, 12:59 PM
yippe iv just got another box arrive from Regal im just going to open it will keep you posted to what it is

Adam
15-09-06, 01:48 PM
i was thinking about this earlier, how much extra work is needed compared to fitting an XE ??

Its more work if using the F28, needs converting to 2wd etc.

And iirc the tie bars need lowering.

Not sure on what else.

draper
15-09-06, 02:05 PM
might seriously consider a LET then, ive budgeted about 2k on building an XE engine (carbed, cammed, headwork, general rebuild, lighten/balance etc) but i could drop a LET in already running 200bhp ??

or might simply build the car with a standard XE with a view to upgrading once ive got the car handling perfect ??

the possibilities are endless !!

BENOVA
15-09-06, 02:56 PM
i got my intercooler ?480 my rad ?190 all the tubing the rest of my mounts and rally strenthing kit its all go now .pics will follow

krobinson
15-09-06, 03:45 PM
Interested in your custom cooler and rad, get some pics up!

Keith

craig green
15-09-06, 03:57 PM
?190 Rad. Strewth!

Keith there are some Courtenay shafts for sale on here or MIG at the moment.

BENOVA
18-09-06, 09:54 AM
I have a calibra intercooler that is the regal upgrade which i wont be using .my rad is well nice i will post pics of all my bits once all unwrapped . i got a 6f28 at the weekend with a quaife diff plus all the mounts and linkage for ?730 what a result.

BENOVA
18-09-06, 09:58 AM
Plus i got my nova van running right this weekend i changed the fuel lines to bigger ones and the turbo spun up fine there was no air in at all . so i spent all sunday driving it around i love it now its boosts allday just need two rear tyres and lowering a bit and a c.d player. if any 1 has a door and a wing for sale let me know cheers

BENOVA
20-09-06, 11:47 AM
once again a total waste of time this web site go to WWW.JUSTOPELANDVAUXHALLS.CO.UK (http://www.JUSTOPELANDVAUXHALLS.CO.UK) its the best site there is no chavs or big headed sad web losers who get excited when there is a spelling mistake get a life .
have any of you got girlfreinds and do you manage to screw them or do you talk about that in detail first boring ass bandits

Matt2107
20-09-06, 11:55 AM
Most of the people on there are from here dumbass.

Paul
20-09-06, 12:22 PM
Benova thanks for your posts what an interesting load of ****e. nice to see your off to jov, have fun

Paul

BENOVA
20-09-06, 12:38 PM
so no one wants to talk about all my vauxhall bits that was posted just slate some more yer........ lashed nova look forward to handing you your ass next time im down southend bye bye

Matt2107
20-09-06, 12:43 PM
Oooooh he wants to play with your ass Lashed.

Stuart
20-09-06, 01:22 PM
aww shes cranky.

most wont want to talk to you about the parts youve purchased as you got them from regal....... kinda like buying building supplies from a sweet shop. Plus it appears you cant type for toffee so a textual conversation is tricky :p

draper
20-09-06, 01:32 PM
take it dont rate regal then stuart ??

Nick
20-09-06, 01:46 PM
I went out today, bought a sandwich for 1.99. I then took ?10 out of the bank. I paid my parksafe ticket which was ?8.46p. So a whole days expenditure for under ?25 !

Get a grip, and Piss off if you don't like it here.

BENOVA
20-09-06, 05:08 PM
ok so your telling me now that regal has nothing to do with vauxhalls i dont think i have ever come accross so many sex affenders see you at the pod as i am a real car lover .

see you there phidos who rape underage voles

Stuart
20-09-06, 05:36 PM
didnt say they had nothing to do with vauxhalls... the quailty/clims are the dubious factor :p meh youll find that out soon enough when your engine dosent make the power you dream up or it breaks early.

also meh, you dont like it here, then dont come back :p simple really (like yourself)

shy witness
20-09-06, 07:16 PM
have i missed something??????????

letvalva
20-09-06, 07:24 PM
when ya buy stuff from regal ya just pay for the name imo.

i built my let nova running 280 bhp plus a 50 shot of nos on a budget.

i got my mounts from valvers.com, and the f28 mount off andy16v turbo off mig and the 2wd kit off ebay , which i could have made my self using the guide out of tv, but i spotted the one on e bay cheap so bought it

my intercooler is about 8ltr and only cost 115 quid brand new off good old e bay and i have about 3 different seys of shafts to use on it
1 set are the mann ones(in car at the moment)
2 god knows but the run big cv joints on each end
3 22 spline shafts from a gte nova

ya dont need to spend big money to build one right just do your home work

i made the brackets to lower the tie rod arms my self it was easy as fook.
a standard gsi rad will be good enough to keep it cool to

Philsutton
20-09-06, 08:06 PM
ok so your telling me now that regal has nothing to do with vauxhalls i dont think i have ever come accross so many sex affenders see you at the pod as i am a real car lover .

see you there phidos who rape underage voles

lol you really dont make it easy on yourself do you. October 15th, down pod you going to show what a man you really are? Saying that if your driving is anything like your typing you'll be across both lanes scuffing the barriers whilst missing every other gear and no doubt putting it into first half way up the strip.

letvalva
20-09-06, 08:46 PM
lol you really dont make it easy on yourself do you. October 15th, down pod you going to show what a man you really are? Saying that if your driving is anything like your typing you'll be across both lanes scuffing the barriers whilst missing every other gear and no doubt putting it into first half way up the strip.

pmsl

Stoo
20-09-06, 10:29 PM
by the way, its justopelvauxhall, not justopelandvauxhall!!

Dont mean to cause AFFENCE!

Rob77
21-09-06, 02:27 AM
by the way, its justopelvauxhall, not justopelandvauxhall!!

Dont mean to cause AFFENCE!

PMSL

lol

shy witness
21-09-06, 07:27 PM
when ya buy stuff from regal ya just pay for the name imo.

i built my let nova running 280 bhp plus a 50 shot of nos on a budget.

i got my mounts from valvers.com, and the f28 mount off andy16v turbo off mig and the 2wd kit off ebay , which i could have made my self using the guide out of tv, but i spotted the one on e bay cheap so bought it

my intercooler is about 8ltr and only cost 115 quid brand new off good old e bay and i have about 3 different seys of shafts to use on it
1 set are the mann ones(in car at the moment)
2 god knows but the run big cv joints on each end
3 22 spline shafts from a gte nova

ya dont need to spend big money to build one right just do your home work

i made the brackets to lower the tie rod arms my self it was easy as fook.
a standard gsi rad will be good enough to keep it cool to

nows heres a guy that round to my way of thinking

and pmsl at phillsutton:thumb: ............classic explanation