PDA

View Full Version : need help on corrosion.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 03:40 PM
First of all, have a look at this:

http://uk.y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/breeny2k/vwp?.dir=/My+Crash+and+dodgy+repairs&.dnm=Probelm1.jpg&.src=bc&.view=t&.hires=t

how am i going to remedy this problem? i originally thought to reconstruct it using fibreglass paste - is this the way to go? its got to be strong to hold the wing in place tho, ste, amy idea's me old mate!? :-/

Anonymous
15-03-01, 04:02 PM
Been there, you need a mig welder a grinder and some sheet steel and some good metalwork skill. The inner wing bit looks repairable (where the wing bolts on) you could get a new upper or full new front panel from Dixons which will need spraying. Any other bits you will have to cunningly fabricate plates for, good luck. Waxyoil will prevent it getting worse.

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 06:23 PM
looks pretty nasty to me :(

"Beware of the voices"

Anonymous
15-03-01, 07:20 PM
i must admit breeny im enjoying flicking thorugh all these pics ov your rolled car and your little comments at the bottom :)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
15-03-01, 08:11 PM
I thought I had a job on when I modded my rear arches! Good luck mate (I`ts always the drivers inner wing that rots??????)

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:45 PM
lol @ u lot, me thinks a whole new front panel is needed (?30) cheers ste!!!
just need to find someone to weld it in place now... hmmm :(

Anonymous
16-03-01, 01:28 AM
Bloody hell...and I though my inner wing was rusty! (before I fixed it..)

My old Cortina (yes I said Cortina!) from 1976, was miles less rusty than that!

Anonymous
17-03-01, 05:27 PM
oh dear, put it all back quickly, top up all your water and oil n stuff, get a brand new battery then never ever open your bonnet ever again ;)

john