PDA

View Full Version : The 'T' piece.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:02 PM
I have just been down the scrappy and got myself the 'T' piece from the wiper mechanism so i can do a single wiper cobversion. I have read guides saying it needs cutting by 10mm, but i remember reading a post saying that this was wrong and it only needs shortening by 7/8 mm?
And do i need an early or late spec P*ugoet 306 rear wiper arm?
Thanking you
:)

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:13 PM
Where did you find a fitting guide?

B-) "and a Persian Rug" B-)

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:19 PM
There is one on www.Vauxnova.co.uk and one on www.novaweb.co.uk

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:25 PM
Basicly, the more you cut out, the longer the sweep. The only problem is that if you take out more than 7 or 8mm the T-piece will knock against the bulkhead. I cured this by using a bra and big hammer to push the bulkhead back a bit where they make contact. I now have no knocking, and a clearer windscreen than those that only took out 7/8mm. Its your choice, do a bit of persuading on the bulkhead, and have full sweep, or leave the bulkhead, cut out less, and dont let your passenger see where they are going!

You must have it welded though, coz I tried using a bracket and bolts and nothing would work. Welding cost me nothing in the end. I went into the local body shop and they did it and said dont worry about paying. Result!

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
15-03-01, 02:10 PM
Yep the bar and big hammer works.

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 10:43 PM
just cut it so its just right and stop moaning

Anonymous
15-03-01, 11:25 PM
Excuse me? And who the fuck are you exactly?
Thanx for youe help MC and paul.
Avon.....dear oh dear.....erm the whole point of this post is so i can 'cut it right' as you put it.
I'll remember that when you post a query...

Anonymous
16-03-01, 11:22 AM
Even if you knock the bulkhead back, if you cut 10mm out the sweep will be too long and the wiper will just slightly comr off the window and go onto the rubber, this wears away the blade very quickly indeed and can cause the linkage to pop off of the motor (which is fucking annonying when its pissing down and you have got 2 get out and start fiddling around trying to get it back on in the pouring rain).
just take about 8mm out, if you dont think its a big enough sweep, heat the weld up and cut a bit more out.

I AM INVINCABLE !!!
:O:O:O

Anonymous
16-03-01, 07:26 PM
I did it today and cut 7/8mm out and the sweep is spot on. I didn't have to weld it either- i just bolted a piece of aluminium either side to clamp it together and it works fine. If it screws up ill jut get aanother linkage from the scrappys and start again..
Cheerz for your help people.
:)