View Full Version : Speedy Smart Car

Nova_Houch7
15-09-06, 12:54 AM
Just seen this lol, must be fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Yo6V2E0sM

L

Matt2107
15-09-06, 09:58 AM
I saw a smart car the other night that was fapping rapid.
THe metal plate in the centre of the rear by the exhaust had Turbo etched out of it.

I have a feeling you can drop in the turbo engine in there from a Merc A130.
It still looked like a roller skate.

JSeymour
15-09-06, 10:22 AM
I used to drive around my sisters smart turbo(think it was 600cc turbo) it had a dump valve and the looks i got where quality, it felt pretty fast until i raced my mate in his 1.1 clio and lost.lol

Matt2107
15-09-06, 10:23 AM
Did they come turbo as standard then?

Mazz
15-09-06, 11:10 AM
Some did, the Brabus model is a 700cc twin turbo iirc..

Jack
15-09-06, 12:59 PM
They're not slow - I've been pootling along the M5 at 90 once and one almost overtook me! I say almost, as balls am I ever being overtaken by a Smart car... lol

I'm not sure I'd want to do 90+ in one though! Having said that, I saw a vid of either top gear or 5th gear where they drove one into a concrete barrier at 70mph-ish; it just bounced off it and was relatively fine! :eek:

Wilson
15-09-06, 06:45 PM
I saw a vid of either top gear or 5th gear where they drove one into a concrete barrier at 70mph-ish; it just bounced off it and was relatively fine! :eek:

I also saw that. they were saying that surprisingly its alot safer to be in an accident in than loads of new cars.

Nova_Houch7
15-09-06, 06:47 PM
That video is on the same page as the one i put up of the smart car, its in the list of videos to the right!

L

kronk10
15-09-06, 07:12 PM
Fast yes but god its ugly. Other than being cute :p i just do not see the point in them, are they practical??? if there good on fuel then yes but can you actually fit anything in them! like four people and shopping:confused:

draper
15-09-06, 07:22 PM
Fast yes but god its ugly. Other than being cute :p i just do not see the point in them, are they practical??? if there good on fuel then yes but can you actually fit anything in them! like four people and shopping:confused:

thats why i bought my nova aswell, so i can go shopping with 3/4 friends ;) :p

Nova_Houch7
15-09-06, 07:46 PM
thats why i bought my nova aswell, so i can go shopping with 3/4 friends ;) :p

Hahahah yeh, everyone loves to take their friends shopping with them in a nova dont they! i make it a weekly routine as i have so much boot space.:wtf: :p

L

Lee
15-09-06, 07:57 PM
I also saw that. they were saying that surprisingly its alot safer to be in an accident in than loads of new cars.

Think its the only car thats mass produced with a full integral roll cage. It has to really seeing as your **** is only about 30cms from the tailgate lol