PDA

View Full Version : Bastid daddy long legs!

db_1.2
14-09-06, 09:50 PM
Ok little story for you all, i go to get into my shower, i look around and i see 4 daddy long legs, so i decide to kill 2. I know get out of the shower and i look around again to see there is now 5 of them! Ive now had a shower and am now in walking into my room, only to find there is 7 in my room! At this stage i think they are following me - revenge! My mate made me laff on msn by saying there like spiders but with wings!:tard:

So what advice would you give me on killing/disposing these useless creatures?!

Does anyone else get this problem? Or is it just down here? Its been in the local paper recently about the growing numbers.

db_1.2
14-09-06, 09:58 PM
*Crane fly*

http://www.fcps.edu/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/mpages/crane_fly.htm

Thats them! Thats the bastids!

Dar
14-09-06, 09:59 PM
Pull there legs off and see how far they fly. There buggered when they land though.
Or superglue them together in a lump in a create your own creature kinda way.
I once superglued a little banner to a may bug and then let it go. It was like a little plane advertising stuff flying around the gardenlol

Just googled for may bug and they are also know as a Cockchaferlol

db_1.2
14-09-06, 10:11 PM
I once superglued a little banner to a may bug and then let it go. It was like a little plane advertising stuff flying around the gardenlol

Just googled for may bug and they are also know as a Cockchaferlol

Lol good idea with the banner i might try that! And theres nothing worse than a cockchafer in your bed!lol

Matt2107
15-09-06, 09:30 AM
pmsl... cockchafer.

I used to grab daddy long legs and throw them in garden spider webs.

Muwahhaahahahahahaha

Jack
15-09-06, 09:43 AM
Alex gets all kinds of creepy crawlies on the farm. I have to keep saving her from mahoosive spiders, makes me feel like such a man lmfao lol

Matt2107
15-09-06, 09:49 AM
People find it strange that I breed snakes but am **** scared of spiders.

dannyb
15-09-06, 11:11 AM
Would one of your snakes eat a daddy longlegs Matt?

draper
15-09-06, 11:21 AM
Would one of your snakes eat a daddy longlegs Matt?

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Matt2107
15-09-06, 11:23 AM
lol dunno.
They aren't supposed to but my brother has a yemens chameleon that probably would.... although it likes fat juicy flies. I'd imagine it'd have to eat a lot of daddy long legs to make up for one fly.

wisewood
15-09-06, 02:46 PM
They're f*cking horrible things. Our garden is full of them, and they keep sitting on the front and back doors to when you open the door to walk in they fly in ahead of you, or, at your face!

I killed loads the other day with the lawn mower, but there's more now than there were before i started killing.

Our garden has loads of massive webs in it - i mean, like, at least 12-18 inches in diameter... you see these things stuck all over them, with big garden spiders munching away - but still the number dont drop.

Still, not long till breeding season is over, then they'll all die :D

Lee
15-09-06, 03:14 PM
My favorite thing to do with a cranefly involves the sun and a magnifying glass.

Nova_Houch7
16-09-06, 12:56 AM
Best way to kill bugs like this is With the classic deodorant and lighter flamethrower lol.

Goin back to cockchafers lol......round here they are called billywitches, and it was only like 3 months ago i found out they are actually called cockchafers lmao

Matt- wat snakes do you breed?

L

Martin
18-09-06, 11:22 AM
Matt- wat snakes do you breed?

Any Boa's?

Matt2107
18-09-06, 12:19 PM
lol no boa's I'm afraid.
I breed corns.
I currently have

4 adults (2 male 2 females)
3 yearlings (possibly all male :()
3 hatchlings.... 2 of which I've recently brought for breeding projects in 2-3 years. The other hatchling is one I've bred but refused to eat anything for a month and a half but is now eating fine so will be for sale shortly.

Also waiting for my final batch of 8 eggs to hatch.

I'll have to sit down and work it out but I reckon I've made well over ?400 this year.

Martin
18-09-06, 12:28 PM
nice mate... i want a boa lol...

i'm soon goin into breeding dogs..

wil have staffys and English bullterriers and the odd mix ;)

Matt2107
18-09-06, 12:30 PM
Dont you have to be registered to do dogs??

Jack
18-09-06, 12:33 PM
Make of that what you will!

Matt2107
18-09-06, 01:00 PM
lol.. should have worded that a bit better.

I've just noticed that there's a cockchafer f uck fest happening on my window.

I have 5 pairs shagging away and about 3 waiting.

novabex
18-09-06, 01:03 PM
I hate daddy long legs... there was one in my room saturday morning!!! Ergh. Horrible things!

Matt2107
18-09-06, 01:05 PM
I dont mind them... except I **** myself when they fly in your face when its dark.

novabex
18-09-06, 01:17 PM
I was running round my rooms screaming get it out get it out!! lol

Matt2107
18-09-06, 01:20 PM
lol did anyone come to your rescue?

I bet there's a few on here who'd like to.

Jack
18-09-06, 01:42 PM
I was running round my rooms screaming get it out get it out!! lol
This thread seems to be fueling my dirty mind... :D

Matt2107
18-09-06, 01:46 PM
You could pick out some certain sentances and it would appear very "blue"

Martin
18-09-06, 02:39 PM

i duno i'l look into it but i'l be going the full wack and hvin kennels the lot:p

will probs end up taking doggs for ppl going away etc etc.. :thumb:

Matt2107
18-09-06, 03:09 PM
will probs end up taking doggs for ppl going away etc etc.. :thumb:

Now that is something I've been thinking about recently.... reptile sitting for when people go on holiday.

Snakes are easy as they can go without food but lizards really need feeding every day.

Martin
18-09-06, 03:23 PM
lol sounds like u have a plan lol..

Alex.
18-09-06, 04:06 PM
I'm usually ok with creepy crawlys. I usually just kill them. Jack and dad won't let me kill the spiders. Like one once that crawled out of no-where. Onto my map, that was a HUGE spider. Jack did save me. :D Yuk....I don't mind the house spiders. The ones that look like crane flies without wings!! Lol

Matt2107
18-09-06, 04:08 PM
I absolutely hate spiders and turn into a big girl when ones around.

db_1.2
18-09-06, 05:23 PM
I'm usually ok with creepy crawlys. I usually just kill them. Jack and dad won't let me kill the spiders. Like one once that crawled out of no-where. Onto my map, that was a HUGE spider. Jack did save me. :D Yuk....I don't mind the house spiders. The ones that look like crane flies without wings!! Lol

Thats cruel! I used to do a lot of shooting and owned many shotguns etc, but now for some reason i think its just cruel, however, the other night (when i posted this thread) more of the spiders with legs kept coming back, conveiniently i had some polish in my room (the spray type), i find that works, proper f*cks them up! Lmao:p

burgo
18-09-06, 05:45 PM
i think this is a lush picture http://www.fcps.edu/StratfordLandingES/Ecology/Insects/Crane%20Fly/crane_fly.jpg

db_1.2
18-09-06, 05:49 PM
He looks angry Lol, probably cus i killed all his friends!lol

Matt2107
19-09-06, 09:34 AM
That is a quality pic.

As the snakes are hatching at my moms I went over and while I was there I caught 3 cockchafers (sniggers to himself) and fed them to Boris the Yemens Chameleon... he absolutely loves them... looks weird with all the legs sticking out his mouth.

db_1.2
20-09-06, 10:56 PM
Page 21 of the todays Sun my friends!!!lol

Matt2107
21-09-06, 09:42 AM
Saw on the news that they only live for 3-5 days and as adults they dont eat anything... just spend all the time trying to find their next shag.

Lee
21-09-06, 08:45 PM
as adults they dont eat anything... just spend all the time trying to find their next shag.

Sounds like me about 5 years ago lol