PDA

View Full Version : Car is jumpin like a Kangaroo!

Anonymous
15-03-01, 11:54 AM
Ladz\Laydeez,

Whilst my motor is in for a lump transplant I have bought myself an E plate 1.3sr as a run around 4 a bit! However the car has a problem where the idle is up and down more than a whores draws! I have changed the plugz, leads, coil, dizzy cap, rotor arm, fuel filter and I have overhauled the carb! The only thing that I think is suspect now is the little black cylinder [I think it is a fuel filter but i am not sure!]. The fuel outlet pipe runs from the pump to the black thing then out again to the carb. The fuel return pipe also goes onto the top of this black thing. I am thinking about by-passing this black thing but I am not sure what effect this will have! Is it just a fuel filter or sumthing else! ANy other solutions to my problem welcome!!! :o :( :o

Anonymous
15-03-01, 01:09 PM
It may need tuning, the mixture is probably out. But it is a good idea to do the fuel filters 1st (cheaper)

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

DANGSI@NOVALOAD.ORG.UK

Anonymous
15-03-01, 02:11 PM
I have had the mixture corrected and the emissions down for the MOT! My question is, Is that black thing a fuel filter?

Anonymous
15-03-01, 04:30 PM
m8 is it a manual choke? -i know it sounds silly but be gentel with the choke dont flood it - but i susspect you already know this

Anonymous
16-03-01, 09:52 AM
Its an auto choke, and oh yeah I 4got to add, its drinkin like a bitch!

Anonymous
16-03-01, 09:53 AM
b.i.t.c.h.

Anonymous
16-03-01, 06:17 PM
too much fuelling then m8
get it turned down, had same problem only cos i adjusted carb a bit much! oops:p