PDA

View Full Version : induction on a single point injection engine

Anonymous
14-03-01, 10:13 PM
right i ave a 1.2i j plate and i will be buying a corsa air box from a 1.2 fitting it to mine and then buying the k&n for a corsa (get it?!?)
but some people say that single point injection cars dont like induction kits
can somebody tell me why this is before i go and buy all the stuff and will it make ne difference?
also has ne one done this to there car or know ne one that has?
p.s mc my car is running so good bye rob good bye brad ohhh and good bye u! ;)looks like u will have to catch me up!
cheers in advance for ne help on the induction
dan

DFBA19168@CABLEINET.CO.UK
NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
14-03-01, 10:38 PM
If I`m behind its because I missed first gear due to splittin my sides laughin!
Not sure about the induction thing, I`ve done it on a 1400 single point pug, and it was great. Might be because of freezing in cold weather, or just too much air and not enough fuel. You might need to up the fuel delivery to match.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:01 AM
cheers mc and i understand ur position with the laughing bit!

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:25 AM
fueling will sort it's self out cause it has a lamba sensor

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
15-03-01, 12:32 PM
Ste what I meant was, sometimes fuel injection cant respond quick enough to changes in airflow when filter kits are used. Thats why people have probs with hesitation at low revs until they either chip there motor or use an adjustable regulator. I`ve seen it many times, although the pug i mentioned didnt suffer the same probs. Is this because single point doesnt use an airflow meter, just a throttle position sensor? If so single point should work better with an induction kit than multipoint.

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
15-03-01, 01:10 PM
Dan u know that i'll piss all over u, and thats with a bent valve!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
15-03-01, 04:11 PM
so rob how u getting to work tonight........ ohh yeah just remembered in mine cause mine goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! un-like your beetle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM