PDA

View Full Version : Starter motor keeps dieing! Again,Lol

Adam
13-09-06, 06:10 PM
Thought this was done to a bad earth or something, but im on my 3rd starter motor lol
It doesn't kill them, i just thought it was down to a duff starter.

When trying start the engine the starter just starts dieing, like cranking in slow motion, like the battery is flat, but its not.

Turn the key all the way off again, try again, still the same.
Try again and it spins full speed and starts the engine straight up.

WTF? :confused: Lol

Could it be down to compression ratio(its a se head on a 14nv bottom end, and is much harder to turn over with the crank bolt that my old engine), or too much ignition advance forcing the pistons down when the plug fires too early, stopping the starter cranking properly?

womble sri
13-09-06, 06:20 PM
dunno i have the same problem my neutral wire blackone from the battery started smoking! so i replaced it and nothing perhaps itr is down to the cr mine is nv bottom with se head also!

Adam
13-09-06, 06:29 PM
I think nv bottom is lower compression than the SE one, but im not sure of the history of my head, might of had a big skim sometime, but im not sure.

Im using a starter off my old 1200, that worked 100% fine, i still have the same starter wiring etc, so its down to the engine itself and really is beginning pi** me off,lol.

General Baxter
13-09-06, 06:47 PM
just buy a new one and if it ****es up take it back and get it changed, but play your face up so you get it free lol

Adam
13-09-06, 06:49 PM
Its not the motor ffs, it worked fine on my old engine and is only 3 years old, it was a new motor on the 1200 ;)