PDA

View Full Version : 300 bhp nova turbo fuel tank/pump upgrade

jamie gsi16v
13-09-06, 12:30 PM
cars going in for a full engine setup on the dyno tuesday and im just trying to get things sorted so i get the perfect setup,

im quiet confident of 300bhp with the mods done but just a little worried about fuel starvation on full boost at high revs, currently i run a single point injection tank and astra gsi in tank fuel pump and im thinking about changing it b4 tuesday to something that can feed much quicker, just wondered what people suggest to use, going to buy a multi point injection tank the use an out of tank pump i think, any suggestions?
mods so far-

c20let re bored block to 86.5mm
courtenay cams
ported and polished head
steel head gasket
saab red injectors
adjustable fpr
sr20det tubular manifold
t34 hybred turbo
uprated courtenay actuator
full 3" exhaust from turbo back
induction kit
9ltr fmic with 50mm pipework
eds phase 3 ecu
running and holding at 15psi of boost

cheers j

Matt2107
13-09-06, 12:36 PM
Sorry cant help with the question but I thought I'd offer you good luck for Tuesday.

Stuart
13-09-06, 01:26 PM
twin stock calibra pumps..... with a good swirl pot setup in the tank.
erm as for a RR "setup" other than the FPr what exactly is changeable lol

Philsutton
13-09-06, 06:49 PM
Already you told you but i'll put it here incase anyone else wants to see. Use the spi tank but get a walbro 255lt/hour pump, pretty much goes straight in and is good for 500bhp, this i what im running in the corsa now. Only things that can be changed are the fuel pressure and the boost really but thats enough to blow the engine up if not set right.

I'll see how yuo get on jamie an if all goes well then i'll book mine in and they can see if ive set my nitrous up right as well lol

jamie gsi16v
14-09-06, 11:10 AM
twin stock calibra pumps..... with a good swirl pot setup in the tank.
erm as for a RR "setup" other than the FPr what exactly is changeable lol

exhaustly on the let the fuel/air ratio and boost is crutial to stop your engine from detting and the rr is the best place to have it setup if im not mistaken:roll: