PDA

View Full Version : gte clocks

chimp007_uk
13-09-06, 12:50 AM
right, i have two weeks to sort out my clocks befor ei go back to uni. i've gone 6months now with a dodgy oil pressure guage and no tacho :cry: :eek:

the oil pressure guage tends to jump around and intermitantly work... all wires are connected. is this run off the oil pressure switch?

the tacho doesnt budge an inch... the green wire is connected on the back, however, i have found a green wire than runs into a plug near the coila and nout comes out of it. i'm guessing this is from the tacho. i did try wiring it up to the negative of the coil, but still nothing.

anyone got any ideas?

cheers
chris

craig green
13-09-06, 04:56 PM
Oil pressure gauge has its own sender which is unique to Novas with these clocks & possibly the Astra GTE IIRC.

It will move about a fair bit, when cold & idling it should have high pressure. When hot & at idle it will show low pressure (thinner oil) It will rise with the revs kind of.

chimp007_uk
14-09-06, 02:38 PM
i think mine is shagged then... it seems as if the needle has been moved. because at idle it sits on the max line, and then when reving the engine it goes off the guage and comes back.
it aslo some times just drops as if there was a loose connection, but all connections are fine.

chimp007_uk
14-09-06, 10:54 PM
ideas on the tacho problem guys???

craig green
15-09-06, 10:03 AM
i think mine is shagged then... it seems as if the needle has been moved. because at idle it sits on the max line, and then when reving the engine it goes off the guage and comes back.
it aslo some times just drops as if there was a loose connection, but all connections are fine.

Lets hope the oil pump is OK. SUre it will be.

Remove the glass on the clocks & manually move the pressure needle back to the stop. Try it then.

chimp007_uk
15-09-06, 11:30 AM
will try that now... is it an easy thing to do, ie removing the glass.

any ideas on the tacho, it's really bugging me now

dave_rand
15-09-06, 04:18 PM
be a brake in the wire somewhere id say

Welsh Dan
15-09-06, 06:50 PM
will try that now... is it an easy thing to do, ie removing the glass?

Its about 4 screws.

chimp007_uk
15-09-06, 08:05 PM
will give it a go tomorrow morning. if the wire has a break in it, can i run a wire straight from the positive of the coil to the connection on the back of the tacho?