PDA

View Full Version : BROKE DOWN!

Anonymous
14-03-01, 09:12 AM
After going for bit of a drive down the back roads with some mates all of a sudden the car began to go all lumpy and did not want to move. then the dash lights came on all was not well.
there was no smoke, dodgy smells etc and the car was ticking over but just would NOT start x-(
we thought it may be a loose plug/lead so all of them + the distributor cap and rotor arm came off and had a clean and put back in but still nothing!
we then checked for blockages from the fuel pump but there was fuel going into the engine fine
it just ticks as if it is bout to start but then nothing!
could it be the condenser??? or is it something else??
thanx in advance
dan

DFBA19168@CABLEINET.CO.UK
NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
14-03-01, 11:21 AM
It sounds to me like the coil lead or maybe just the coil. It's not the starter motor cos it wouldn't do anything if it was. Try changing the leads 1st, if not the coil.

I could be wrong, but it's worth a try.

Good luck

dan69_gsi@hotmail.com :p

Anonymous
14-03-01, 12:18 PM
cheers mate i think i will give it a service new plugs leads etc or shall i just chuck a 2 litre in?!? :p
cheers

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
14-03-01, 12:48 PM
Try takin one lead off at a time from the plugs and putting it near some bodywork. THen turn the car over, and it should send spark acroos to the body if its working o.k. If not then you`ve found your problem. Its unlikely to be one of the actual plug leads, coz a car can run on 3 cylinders, just. Its more likely to be a problem with the coil, coil lead, distributor cap or rotor arm. Have a look at all of em carefully. Where abouts do you live? I will be down helpin rob26 on Saturday, so if you are near by I could give you ahand too. Dont want you to not make it to Southend on Saturday!

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
14-03-01, 01:08 PM
MC dan live just round tghe corner from me also Brads car is running crap it'll only do about 50!! the strange thing is all our cars (Mine, Dan and Brads) sound like they are running on 3 cylinders!!

RobDmr@aol.com Xr2????? I'd rather walk!!!!

Anonymous
14-03-01, 01:43 PM
Dont worry everybody the beast from the east is at the garage and is getting fixed as i type! mc i will be there on sat dont u worry i will have me RT design k&n on to!!
i will see ya, mc, round robs on sat! never know ours might be the fastest ones there if brads is that slow!
;)

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
14-03-01, 05:46 PM
regardless of how Brads is runnin, I can assure you I would be the fastest! lol. Cya Sat. :D

Anonymous
14-03-01, 09:46 PM
and mine will b the slowest! lol!
well shes fixed and ready to rag
:D

NOVADOSE75@HOTMAIL.COM

Anonymous
14-03-01, 10:39 PM
cool, what was it?