PDA

View Full Version : 9/11

Nova_Houch7
11-09-06, 08:56 PM
How strange is this right, i was just posting on a forum, and noticed that it was my 911th post, and today just so happens to be the 9/11 thing.....5 years ago, sorry for the randomness people. But i liked it! ;) :thumb:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/nova_houch7/DSC00344.jpg

See^^^^^^^ shame i didnt do it at 21:11 but in 12 hour format. would have been perfect.

L

stuartp
11-09-06, 09:05 PM
OK you need to get some sleep!!

Iain
11-09-06, 09:30 PM
I woke up at 9:11am the day before going on an airplane on holiday. That was a bit weird.

Jim Mcrae
11-09-06, 09:45 PM
on 9/11 a plane struck one of the towers at 9.11 co insedently the american emergancy number (911)
9/11 was one of the worst days ever imo.....

Nova_Houch7
11-09-06, 09:51 PM
i knew the bit about the america emergency bein 911 linking to it, herd stuff bout it, cant believe it was 5 years ago tho. time has gone sooo quick...
doesnt feel that long ago

L

Jack
11-09-06, 09:52 PM
Hm. Considerably more people were killed in Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Okinawa....

Jim Mcrae
11-09-06, 09:55 PM
^^^Very good point^^^^
And the "War on terror" that followed

bump
11-09-06, 10:10 PM
Dont forget September the 11th 1973, US invades Chile, muders thousands and puts Pinochet in power.

Nova_Houch7
11-09-06, 10:24 PM
Not that i mind you guys chattin bout how bad days like that were, was just a random thing that i wanted to post how weird it was. didnt intend on chattin or reading bout worst days of the world lol

L

Nick
11-09-06, 10:29 PM
search for Loose Change on Google Video !

Very interesting watch !

ade
12-09-06, 12:35 AM
seen that - v scarey stuff. I personally think it was a plot by the us administration to justify wars in middle east using "terror" as the catalyst - same way as "wmd" was used to invade iraq.

Still cant understand how 2 1/4 mile high buildings after being 3/4 way up one of which was at on a corner can drop straight down "just like a demolition job" - they should have toppled over or broken in half or something.

It's very sad - the sooner this administration goes the better.

Ironic how all the invaded countries have oil too.

sad. very sad...

ade
12-09-06, 12:37 AM
even more oddly - i just tried to access a couple of sites about wtc "annomolies" and of the 4 attempts 3 came can unable to connect...

Jack
12-09-06, 09:00 AM
Still cant understand how 2 1/4 mile high buildings after being 3/4 way up one of which was at on a corner can drop straight down "just like a demolition job" - they should have toppled over or broken in half or something.
The reason they didn't fall sideways was because of the way they were hit; if they were hit at the bottom then yes, they might well have toppled over. But the weakening of a certain handful of floors (supposedly by aviation fuel burning and almost melting the metal internal structure of the building) near the top made those floors collapse and compress down onto each other and in turn crushing down on the floors below, hence collapse and not topple.

Matt2107
12-09-06, 10:45 AM
I watched that programme the other day and there was a guy in the office stood at the window as the second plane crashed directly into his office.

He saw it coming and hid under the table. The wing went over his table barely missing him and he survived. Managed to get some help out the office and got all the way to the bottom of the stairs before it collapsed.... Now he is a lucky guy.

NickWalliams
12-09-06, 10:47 AM
The only thing that I think doesnt seam right is the penatgon attack I dont think an airliner crashed into it I have watched air crash investigation etc a million times and never seen a passenger plane simply dissapear!

And if there is video footage of a plane crashing into the pentagon they should make it public.

Also why were there no fighter jets up sooner?! In the film loose change it says that the f16's were 180miles away Im sorry but at mach2 its only a few minutes flying time.

draper
12-09-06, 11:21 AM
did anyone watch the 2 part thing on BBC 2 last night and sunday night ?? i thought that was an eye opener and a very good piece of film

Jack
12-09-06, 11:29 AM
And if there is video footage of a plane crashing into the pentagon they should make it public.
There is, and they have.

[edit]Top speed of an F16 is mach 2.5, so if they were 180 miles away and flying flat out they would be there in just over 5 and a half minutes lol

Matt2107
12-09-06, 12:50 PM
I thought the footage should an object hitting the pentagon... which looked far too small to be a plane.

matt1chelski
12-09-06, 02:08 PM
:wtf: , just watching lose change now. None of it adds up, the "video" of the pentagon being hit is 5 frames of blurred film. Why were all the videos from petrol stations and hotels taken buy the fbi? :confused: Deffo dont add up.

Jack
12-09-06, 02:17 PM
Have you watched cheap CCTV video before? Have a look at Crimewatch - a lot of CCTV "video" is a series of quick stills, usually a frame rate of one a second or half second. The plane would have impacted the Pentagon well in excess of at least 100mph - if the CCTV camera takes a still each second then you're only going to see the nose of the plane followed by an explosion. The FBI would have seized every bit of evidence possible to find out exactly what happened, and perhaps to stop people tampering with it or selling it to the media.

Still, the damage doesn't point towards a chartered passenger airliner hitting it.

Matt2107
12-09-06, 02:22 PM
Missile?

NickWalliams
12-09-06, 02:23 PM
If the pentagon was strong enough and the plane travelling fast enough then yes it would disintegrate leaving hand sized pieces of it (have you ever seen the video of a US F4 phantom being crashed into a concrete bunker) but there doesn’t seam to be absolute proof of a plane hitting the pentagon although I think one probably did.

Personally I don’t do conspiracy theories there would always be a whistle blower! Especially if something on the grandest scale ever was pulled off i.e. 9/11

Jack
12-09-06, 02:32 PM
I don't think it was a missile; a cruise missile (as suggested in one of the google videos about it) would be much smaller than a plane and easily identifiable - people would easily see and hear a missile shooting across the sky and there would be no confusion. However it is possible a smaller plane or drone hit the building.

And as Nick said, its true a plane can almost vapourise when hitting a building but that strength of construction is usually reserved for power plants and suchlike - the pentagon would be massive (in size and cost) if it was built the same way. Most of its sensitive and critical documents and services are underground in reinforced basements anyway so there's no real need to go OTT on the protecting the main building from destruction (i.e. the walls are reinforced against small bombs but protection from a plane or missile would be considered overkill).

And overall.... do you really think Dubya is clever enough to plan the whole thing and pull it off? lol

draper
12-09-06, 02:43 PM
i agree with nickwilliams, i mean how many people would have to be in on the 'scam' and just think if you went to the press the money you could demand ?? admittedly there are lots of ifs and buts etc

just a shame we'll probably NEVER know the TRUTH

NickWalliams
12-09-06, 03:13 PM
I think what really happened was a bunch of terrorsits realised just how dumb Dubya is and really did hijack 4 civilian aircraft and then crash them into buildings! just think how simple it was...... they took some 4 inch knives killed the pilots locked the cockpit door then flew the planes into landmarks before the complacent USA could realise what was happening and respond, the only response would have been to identify the hi jacked planes then send some F-16's or F-18's up to shoot them down!

Razorjack is right too a cruise missile is massive and very very noisy! And would of had to be fired from a ship or a large aircraft etc

Matt2107
12-09-06, 03:25 PM
If I was american and one of my relatives was in the world trade centre and didnt survive it really would make me want to join the forces. I mean that sincerely.

Lee
12-09-06, 03:54 PM
I wonder how many times NL has been flagged up on the FBI mainframe today lol

Dave.
12-09-06, 04:04 PM
ill show you something really creepy
go onto microsofy word or publisher. and type Q33 NY THATS THE GATE 1 PLANE LEFT FROM. THEN CHANGE IT INTO WINGDINGS FONT. THATLL SHOCK YOU ALL. ITS A PLANE 2 TOWERS A SKULL AND CROSSBONES AND A PAKISTANI SIGN

Iain
12-09-06, 04:07 PM
I've always said Microsoft was evil. They were in on it!

NickWalliams
12-09-06, 04:09 PM
Sounds about right microsoft are good at making things crash lol

Lee
12-09-06, 04:18 PM
ill show you something really creepy
go onto microsofy word or publisher. and type Q33 NY THATS THE GATE 1 PLANE LEFT FROM. THEN CHANGE IT INTO WINGDINGS FONT. THATLL SHOCK YOU ALL. ITS A PLANE 2 TOWERS A SKULL AND CROSSBONES AND A PAKISTANI SIGN

When have you ever been in an airport with a gate number like that? They are numbered 1 to whatever, normally missing out the 13, and Boston Airport (where the two doomed planes took off from) is reasonably small, and no way had 33 gates, let alone Q33 gates lol

Ive heard this same story saying Q33 NY was one of the flight numbers (even though they were actually 11 and 175) or the Plane reg number (even though they were N334AA and N612UA)

Someone made it up im afraid lol

Nova_Houch7
12-09-06, 05:20 PM
Yup made up!

L

Jack
12-09-06, 09:01 PM
roflmao, well-known b*llocks that one lol

Bit like the 11 letters one, OMG ACTUALLY MY NAME INCLUDING THE SPACE HAS 11 LETTERS I MUST BE EVIL!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!89!!!!!forty-three!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tard:

Nick
12-09-06, 09:43 PM
The reason they didn't fall sideways was because of the way they were hit; if they were hit at the bottom then yes, they might well have toppled over. But the weakening of a certain handful of floors (supposedly by aviation fuel burning and almost melting the metal internal structure of the building) near the top made those floors collapse and compress down onto each other and in turn crushing down on the floors below, hence collapse and not topple.
No offence jack, but that's bull****e ! lol

Buildings like that , 1 - Your highly restricted on the materials you use in their construction, 2 - Structural Steel members of that importance are usually Intsumisently (sp) sealed (i.e fire proof paint) and are ****ing rediculously highly fire resistant, they gave about a half hours protection ?, you get Half an hours fire protection from two layers of plaster-board ! 3 - The way the building is designed; comprises of a frame kinda braced by Sheer walls or cores (in the middle), yet the airplane hit the corner !? hmm interesting. 3 - Kerosene is very flammable, it's not a thick slick like motor oil -, i'd be surprised if a kerosene fire could burn to get anywhere near to melting structural steel which is fire tested and rated before hand !

A modern day building could be designed with half, or even a quarter of the member sizes you have to comply with !

Jack
12-09-06, 09:59 PM
I did say "supposedly" :p

I'm aware the aviation fuel wouldn't have burnt hot enough or been there long enough to damage the steel structure of the building.

Nick
12-09-06, 10:14 PM
Ah whoops, missed that !

You have a point about it collapsing, rather than toppeling, if the Structure did melt ! i can't see how it would have failed sooooooo quickly though !

I'm not qualified, nor am i a master engineer, but it looks a bit fishy to me !

bump
12-09-06, 10:17 PM
Just as a side note I use Kerosene a.k.a Parafin for fire performing as it is one of the safest hydrocarbon fuels avaliable, low flame temp and a high flash point. Parafin fires will not produce enough sustaned heat to melt an unprotected RSJ. Perhaps possible with injected liquid oxygen, humnn, maybe I could work on it and get rid of the gas axe?

bump
12-09-06, 10:18 PM
Bugger, read properly then post

Jack
12-09-06, 10:25 PM
What about if the building had an internal network of gas piping? Could that have caught fire and acted like a blowtorch?

Nick
12-09-06, 10:28 PM
I think you'l find it probably didn't have gas at that level ! And if it did, it'd be on a shut-off with fire alarms e.t.c

Anyway, i'd imagine the Main Sheer structures are hermitically sealed, i.e Airtight to stop corrosion.

bump
12-09-06, 10:30 PM
Nope, the gas presure would have caused it to blow the windows out and create a fireball before the flashback arrestors stop the flow. Same prinipal as to why you couldn't blow up the gas mains with a bunsen burner at school.

Matt2107
13-09-06, 10:32 AM
So why did it fall down so quickly???

Nova_Houch7
13-09-06, 12:01 PM
Just seen another strange thing!

Right so i had 911 posts on the 9/11 day, but also its roughly 11 minutes til its nine o'clock lol when i posted the fact i had 911 posts lol.........

L

Jack
13-09-06, 12:03 PM
you're cursed!

NickWalliams
13-09-06, 12:04 PM
To rig one of the sorry TWO of the largest buildings in the world to come down with explosions would take tonnes of explosives and wiring and alot of people! Face it the design of the building caused it to colapse!

The simplist explanation is usually the right one.

NickWalliams
13-09-06, 12:06 PM
Also the south tower collapsed first after being hit after the north, this was because it was hit futher down, so there was more weight over the weak point caused by the impact of a fully laden 767 travelling at about 400mph

Lee
13-09-06, 03:53 PM
Also the south tower collapsed first after being hit after the north, this was because it was hit futher down, so there was more weight over the weak point caused by the impact of a fully laden 767 travelling at about 400mph

Thankyou i was just going to say that everyone seemed to forget that both buildings took a medium sized jet aircraft right in the side of them which almost managed to slice through the entire stucture!. I think you'll probably find THAT was why the beggars collapsed, not poor design or fire or anything else!

Jack
13-09-06, 04:26 PM
I thought tall buildings were designed to withstand plane hits? I'm sure I remember on one of those "conspiracy" videos it says something about the Empire State building being hit by an aircraft and suffering only minor damage?

[edit]Yep, t'was a B-25 Mitchell - not as big as an airliner but by no means a small aircraft! The fire was extinguished in 40 minutes apparently.

Nick
13-09-06, 05:36 PM
Face it the design of the building caused it to colapse!

What Expertise do you have to back-up a comment like this !?

NickWalliams
13-09-06, 05:39 PM
6 years on studying engineering and a good dollop of common sense, plus I watched the documentry where the Bloke who designed the god dam towers (he was British) said it was the design!

Nick
13-09-06, 05:40 PM
Fair enough (i wasn't being a smart ****, just was curious)