PDA

View Full Version : Nova GSI with 2ltr 16v M-Tech Conversion

a7hny
11-09-06, 07:13 PM
This is my Vauxhall Nova GSI with a 2ltr 16V Engine transplant using the M-Tech conversion kit.

;) !!The car is on ebay but I am happy to Settle out of ebay. Thanks!!;)

The car has a lot of service history in fact a huge binder folder full. Going back years.

As you can see in the pictures it has Speedline Allesio 16in wheels that have been sprayed in a pearl blue color I was told from the previous owner that this was a Alfa Romeo color.

It has also been lowered around 60 - 80 mm all round it has just had two brand new front shorter shocks as the previous ones were too long for the shortened springs.

With the car being so low I?m sure I don?t have to say that this car even with the 2lt engine handles absolutely phenomenal.
I
bought this car with the 1.6 engine in which had a chipped ecu and a kent cam, but when I bought it never ran that quick, I had it taken to a rolling road to get setup and they got it set up and it put out around 125bhp at the flywheel, but before the setup it ran at 40bhp at the flywheel basically someone had fiddled with the air flow meter and the car was not running correctly.

So after a week running at 125bhp it dropped a cylinder and lost compression. So I decided to fit the 2ltr 16v engine.

In this process the engine bay was seam welded and prepared using the instructions in the M-tech conversion manual.

The Engine is from an Astra GTE 16v so it is fitted with a F20 gearbox. The car uses the M-Tech hubs with new wheel bearings and Shorted Astra GTE shafts and Astra GTE inners and outers.

The car has a brand new Ashley exhaust system fitted which originally was for the 1.6 engine. But is also perfect for the 2ltr. Not to noisy unless you put you foot down.
The Interior of the car is completely standard it does have rear head rest as you can see in the photo.

The bumpers have been smoothed off as have the side skirts and the boot has been to. This was all done before I purchase the car.

The car is very clean and tidy any viewing will confirm this.

Viewing is welcome, but unfortunately I am out of the country on holiday this week. But you can contact my friend who will be able to help you. Sorry for this inconvenience.
If you want to speak to me you can call me, Adam on 07816164026 or my friend Michael on 07841338841. Or on Michael.Kennedy@K2-Media.com (Michael.Kennedy@K2-Media.com)

The bad bits are as follows:

Driver?s seat bolster has worn through. Pictures are available please contact Michael.
And the car doesn't come with a stereo, so that means there are holes for 6x9 in the parcel shelf.
So nothing major.
The car has around 10 Months of MOT and I think 4 Months Road Tax.

I am open to reasonable offers so please don?t hesitate to ask. Im open to swaps. Let me know what you have in mind though
Thanks

Open too offers around the 2500 area. but open too offers.

For pics see ebay listing.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330027662022