PDA

View Full Version : E16SE adding carbs?

Ojc
11-09-06, 03:55 PM
How do you go about doing this, with my limited technical knowledge I know I need a new inlet manifold, the carbs of choice and a twin carb linkage kit.

But how do you go about ditching all the fuel injection system? Getting rid of the AFM and the ECU? What then controls things like the oil temp sensor and coolant temp sensor?

Seriously the itty bitty part really fries my brain, any info from someone thats done it previously would be of great help.

Thanks

Adam
11-09-06, 04:15 PM
Just leave all the sensors fitted, but not plugged in. Obviously the ones on the inlet etc get removed with the inlet.
Coolant sensor etc etc is not needed, its for the ecu to use the coldstart map etc. But needs to be left fitted as it bolts into the side of the head, and would leave a big hole with it removed,Lol.
Remove the engine loom and ecu.

Leave starter and alternator loom.

You then fit the carbs inlet and the carbs,
You'll also need a alternator lowering bracket so the carbs clear the alternator.

You could continue to run the electric fuel pump, but would need a pressure regulator to lower the pressure.

You would also need a 14nv(1.4Sr nova) distributor, coil, module, that would need wiring into your loom, only about 3 wires.

Ojc
11-09-06, 04:54 PM
Thats the bit that baffled me, so I would need a carb type dizzy, coil & module?

Obviously the original module wires are on the E16SE engine loom, so what to do there?