PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

Muttly
11-09-06, 02:59 PM
Hey all. Me and a group of lads are building a Nova at the moment. It started out as a mk2 1.2spi but it now has a 1.4mpi (Astra Si). The trouble is we don't have the right fuel pump for it. The 1.2 pump seems to not be able to push enough fuel to the engine so it starts losing power above about 3-3500 rpm. Other than that its running fine.
What my question is, does anyone know of a pump from any other Vauxhall that will do the job? 1.4mpi pumps are non exsistent around here and I don't fancy buying a brand new one as I'm sure they're fairly pricey.

Adam
11-09-06, 03:29 PM
MPI intank pump from a corsa,cavalier, mk3 astra etc will all fit into your SPI tank.

Dont use the SPI pump as it will cause the engine to run lean and could start damaging it.

Philsutton
11-09-06, 03:30 PM
yeah your right that pump is toss for anything other than the spi engines. Ideally you want to get hold of a in tank mpi pump and fit that. Most intank pumps are universal, I have just fitted one for an uprated skyline and it was actually smaller than the corsa one.

I have my corsa gsi still that ive just taken out of mine. I would imagine that should fit in the same as the nova just a different size pump as the spi ones on the corsa are quite small while the mpi ones fill the whole bracket.

craig green
11-09-06, 04:21 PM
Just to clear this up for me. There are MPI pumps that will replace an SPI intank pump ie the same fitment but higher flow?

Adam
11-09-06, 04:25 PM
Yup, any MPI pump.

You have to fit the MPI pump into the SPI pumps casing tho iirc.

It will make sense when you see the pump :)

stafford
11-09-06, 04:33 PM
so if im to put a 2.0 in a 1.2i how should i go about that

craig green
11-09-06, 04:48 PM
You have to fit the MPI pump into the SPI pumps casing tho iirc.

This would make a good technical feature if anyone wants to take it on & do pics, get it sticky'd.

Adam
11-09-06, 04:56 PM
I'd do a guide but dont have a MPI pump lol

Muttly
11-09-06, 05:09 PM
Great. Thanks everyone. Now all I gotta do is try and find one. Rocking horse poo around here.