PDA

View Full Version : exhaust help

womble sri
10-09-06, 11:23 AM
sorry this question has prob been asked a 1000 times i deed search first. does my car need a cat sri j423 rtm manufactured dec 30 '92 according to rac check. if i can get rid of the cat can i buy a system without a cat or do i need a replacement pipe. if i do need to keep it how much of a pig is it to put on for the mot? will i be able to put the cat back in with the new system or will it need to be the whole original system. i would like to upgrade to a manifold as well at a later date if possible.
any help would be apprieciated.
neil

Adam
10-09-06, 11:38 AM
Manufacted December 30th, 1992.
Cat date is August 1992.

So yeah you do need cat if you still have the c14se fitted.

BUT, with it being J-reg most places will probably not cat test it, its usually only K-reg on that get cat tested as most J-reg's are pre cat date, you have a very late j-reg.

You could fit a decat and just unbolt that off and refit the cat for MOT.
You would need a aftermarket CAT back system, de-cat, and then 4-1 for a SRi.
You would only need unbolt the cat section then.

My car is K-reg, registered December 1992, but i have a 14nv 1990 block fitted, so im hoping mine will go through without a cat this year.

Stanley
10-09-06, 11:41 AM
get friendly with an MOT tester

when i had my k reg 1200i it passed no probs.........

womble sri
10-09-06, 06:43 PM
ok well i think ill just get rid of the cat what system to i go for? as i wont be having the cat? will i need a catreplacement pipe and a cat back system or a down pipe back system? i see most places sell the gsi/sri exhaust as the same thing are they the same?