PDA

View Full Version : major problems .... Down a gear - stall kingdom!!

Anonymous
13-03-01, 09:26 AM
im so pissed off on the way to school this moring the car stalled 4 times! - this all happend convenantly when i changes down gear - im absolutly sure it isent driveing error and i dont have trouble starting my car but it is so innoying

I was happily crusing along at 60-65 mph no rush just listing to music giving my sis lift to school and me to collage , then all of a sudden as i slowed down for the rounderbout i changed down in to 3r gear from 4 (only 4 gear transmission) and i say the red batt light come on - i thought shit! - so i quickly started the car again and rolled out on to the rounderbout and carryed on - and i thought strang then it happened 3 more times - some time when i change down gear the battary light momenterally comes on.

I gave some shitty no standard air filter on it that is about the same size as a Compact-disc and about 2 cm high, it has 2 bolts parrael on the top of it. i think this could be the problem - i also have some carbaretter with a little window on it saying Level (which i presume is the level) and the make is called Nikki -humm? any one got any ideas also my pipes seem a little loose and this whole set up sounds a bit like a tract'eeeer running on 2-stroke. can some one please help me :)

Angry Rob.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 11:37 AM
Maybe a faulty alternator? Does the batt light come on at low revs?

Anonymous
13-03-01, 11:59 AM
Did the engine actually stall?

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 06:20 PM
if its twin choke it could be the seckond choke because mine cuts out like that and it's the second choke so i'm getting a new carb.

Anonymous
15-03-01, 09:59 AM
mine used to do it when it was cold. keep your choke on for longer to let the car warm up more. i found that my problem was with the thermostat,it was knackered and made the car run too clod, check that out - see workshop mannual for test. about ?7 for a new 1. not hard to change or test worth a try