PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to Uni!

tom_beverley
09-09-06, 06:08 PM
I've managed to be accepted for a course at Northumbria Uni doing Quantity Surveying!

Only doing a 3 year part time foundation degree as thats all I'm eligble for, but at least its a step in the right direction and a step away from dead end jobs! Good thing is that my current job (Forklift Driver at Jewsons Building Supplies) have said that I can carry on working there aswell, so at least I'll have a bit of money to keep everything ticking over!

I'm thinking of garaging my Nova Van and buy another car rather than put loads of miles on my van!

My life is going the right way at last but there are many skint (and drunk) days ahead :)

Adam
09-09-06, 06:30 PM
Nice one mate, enjoy it :thumb:

Buy a pug 106 derv or something as a runaround ;) lol

bump
09-09-06, 09:04 PM
Nice one.
Just wait till your on the otherside, QS' are being taken on for silly money. That'll help with any rebild plans

chimp007_uk
09-09-06, 11:26 PM
you'll love uni! like lltn said, get a derv pug. i was in a similar position doing alot of motorway miles so i had a pug 306 dturbo-s. had it up to 130hp, and still 45mpg and grp 5 insurance. got my gte now, so my dad bought the car lol... it's too loud for him, he wants the exhaust taken off.

moral of the story is get a derg pug, advance the fuel pump and boost and bobs your uncle.

womble sri
10-09-06, 12:59 AM
im doin the same corse mate at bury st edmunds day release is yours full time? just started a trainee job

Stuart
10-09-06, 08:01 AM
welcome to the stealth unemployed scheme run by el presidente blair lol ;)

i had my old 1.2 nova at uni and at times it crippled me.... and with the new cost of uni looking about 3X more than when i went your possibly going to be fecked :s

dannyb
10-09-06, 12:18 PM
I've been at uni for a year now, running a 15mpg BMW 730i and a 1.2 Nova ran me into the ground financially and I've had to work like an immigrant all summer to get me into the black! This year it'll be just the 1.2 and I'll do the drinking instead of the BMW.

tom_beverley
11-09-06, 08:19 PM
Funnily enough I've just been looking at some Pug dervs lol

It will be a 150 mile round trip everyday I'm there so my Nova will be a bit too expensive to run, plus I don't want it to clock up loads of miles.

The money will be great afterwards but I think I will really enjoy the work more than anything!

I'm going to study part time and try my best to get a placement at the end of it so my (hopefully prospective employer!) will pay towards my honours degree! ;) Either that or I can get straight onto the 2nd year of the honours degree.

Going for a welcome day on 18th Sept so will find out more, like how many days a week I will be there!

I've been putting going to uni off but I have to do it now while I'm young enough! I've looked at the fees and it isn't good reading, but I know it will definately be worth it in the end.

stuartp
11-09-06, 08:28 PM
Its the same with any goog job!! Pays crap to start with, feel like you've done the worst thing ever!!

Then you qaulify (spelling) and you dont know what to spend all your money on!!

Im a 20 year old chippy still at college studing site mangment and small buisness manegment! when i started which was only 4 years ago i was on ?115 a week know its that a day!! And im still training to go higher which the boss pays for!! You wont regrat any of it!!