PDA

View Full Version : ignition barrel wiring/push button start

chimp007_uk
09-09-06, 03:13 PM
i know this isn't a wise thing to ask on a public furum, but i started wiring in my push button start and electrical kill switch in my road rally nova.

the kill switch i'm fine with, but i'm struggling with the push button start. it has the fighter style ignition switch and a rubber push button.

i know which wire goes to the starter motor, so the push button is ok, just confused about the ignition lives... there seem to be 2?!?do i wire both in?

probably best if people reply via a pm as it's not the sort of info little s**ts need to get hold of. plenty or nova theives out there already.

cheers guys

chris

Ste L
09-09-06, 03:23 PM
yea, wire them both together...

done this on mine, only wired one which turned the ignition lights on and found out the fans down work, both heater blower and rad cooler fan

chimp007_uk
09-09-06, 03:57 PM
so, you wire them off the back of the barrel to the toggle switch and then back again?

and piggyback one to the push button?

Ste L
09-09-06, 04:12 PM
not sure about that, not using iginion barrel on mine,

wires go stright to the switches

chimp007_uk
09-09-06, 06:44 PM
got it sorted, rang the two live's to one side of the switch and then ran it back to the barrel fom the other side of the switch.

thanks s t e

Stuart
10-09-06, 08:10 AM
Thick red to switch, two black swithced lives off the other side of the toggle, then piggy back a SW live to the push button and the other side of that to the starter line