PDA

View Full Version : random...

Rexy
09-09-06, 10:50 AM
Went out as you do on a friday night, ended up in a club *ikon* if anybody's local and well some random guy came upto me...

Eyar mate, do you own a baby blue nova still... :confused:

This threw me, as i've been toying with a lot of cars latley and thought i was about to get some grief lol so anyways, I said yeah, what car you running to which he said a civic VTi. Yes i did laff, asked for a spec blah blah.

Anyway story goes, hes seen me kill a fair few motors and was impressed with the saloon. I said cheers, chatted ****e for a little bit, mentioned kebabs and then went.

All very random, has anybody else had that sorta thing happen to them?

rednova
09-09-06, 11:56 AM
yeah its happened to me a few times - out on the lash when i was at the bar n some lass next to me said do you have that green nova to which i was taken by surprise a)she was fit and b) she knew what a nova was!!

General Baxter
09-09-06, 12:08 PM
i get people and point, as say i own a nova lol

Wilson
09-09-06, 05:00 PM
I had something simalar happen to me the other week. i was in the bp paying for my petrol and the bloke behind the couter says `How long you had that for mate` (pointing at my mondeo). i sort of looked at him funny and said a couple of months and he says `how come you sold your old nova van?`
Ive never seen him before or ever seen him since.
That was pretty random! lol lol lol

SRlew
09-09-06, 07:25 PM
not realy had owt like that but when i got me car on the road i went for a drive, went down a road and pulled over as somthing fell of the seat i think it was, but put it in the boot and i heard, 'alright mate what engine you got init' i looked over to find a red nova on axle stands in his drive wwith part of a valver fitted. i'd never even seen that car before or even new it was there. that was pretty cool

Stanley
09-09-06, 07:33 PM
usually it goes -

'Hi, is it you that drives the red nova?'
'Errr yes'
'Youre a f*cking dick, you nearly ran me off the road........'

meanwhile im out the fire exit hehe

ive found that even mentioning nova's to women repells them worse than wearaing a pair of scabby old nike air max's with your sock hanging out the front......

Rexy
09-09-06, 08:44 PM
you need a baby blue one then fella Pmsl lol

SRlew
09-09-06, 08:51 PM
you need a baby blue one then fella Pmsl lol

PMSL lol

Riggy
10-09-06, 11:31 AM
lol i havea cople of random guys with funny accents try talking to me nearly every day lol think there called rexy and sean lol

but there is a guy in the petrol station who always asks about mine , you know the fella rexton , corolla gti boy lol

andyrs1800
10-09-06, 11:53 AM
U seemd well shaken when u came out of the bogs, u sure nothin else happened?

Is it that black civic vti? i raced him in the audi and we were the same, so i went lookin for him in the corsa but couldnt find him...

Go here to see how gay he went...
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?p=547023

dannyb
10-09-06, 12:13 PM
ive found that even mentioning nova's to women repells them worse than wearaing a pair of scabby old nike air max's with your sock hanging out the front......

Lol! This is why I'm considering a re-badge to make it a Corsa A....

Lee
10-09-06, 02:55 PM
I had a great on in Halfords before i took mine off the road. Think i was buying some polish, and one of the guys who worked there started chatting to me about cars. I said I had a Nova, and he then asked me if i'd seen the blue one with the white wheels going round. I decided to say I hadnt to see what he was going to say, and he started reeling off loads of bollox about my car, like it has a V6 and is running 350bhp etc etc.. I said that was highly improbable, but he swore it was the truth.

i did chuckle, but i didnt tell him it was mine, i just made sure i went back there the next day in it. He didnt speak to me, just looked a bit red faced lol

Ricky G
10-09-06, 03:07 PM
i have had the one where i was asked "is it you thats drives that red nova in risborough" (my old sr) so i say yeh! and then i got you a ****in ****er if you ever overtake me and cut me up like you did the other day i will run you off the ****in road! so my response was "did i hit you then?" he sais "err no" so i say "well i obviously wernt that fookin close then was i u silly old ****"
now as you can imagine that just seems to be a bit of normal road rage only it turns out this was a good friend of my dads! oopps

SRlew
10-09-06, 04:25 PM
I had a great on in Halfords before i took mine off the road. Think i was buying some polish, and one of the guys who worked there started chatting to me about cars. I said I had a Nova, and he then asked me if i'd seen the blue one with the white wheels going round. I decided to say I hadnt to see what he was going to say, and he started reeling off loads of bollox about my car, like it has a V6 and is running 350bhp etc etc.. I said that was highly improbable, but he swore it was the truth.

i did chuckle, but i didnt tell him it was mine, i just made sure i went back there the next day in it. He didnt speak to me, just looked a bit red faced lol

haha fooking quality!! bet he loved that watching you jump out of it!! lol

Ian
10-09-06, 04:30 PM
you need a baby blue one then fella Pmsl lolI think he wants girls not blokes rex :p

Rexy
10-09-06, 10:17 PM
I know a fair few lasses that want my car cas its baby blue, I know of urmmm no blokes at all that want it. Good job really...

Jack
11-09-06, 12:15 AM
I've had a few people ask me about my Celica... one guy in a van at the traffic lights on the rounabout by Travelodge in Cheltenham when I arrived up there with Ash and Craig; another couple on holiday in Cornwall last week, and a few people at petrol stations (always Shell ones though! Never any others!). Seems to attract more attention now with the Kazeras on when people see it, and with the filter when people hear it blowing down the road lol