PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Nova SR, 115 hp, twin 40's etc...

MK_Bob
08-09-06, 02:44 PM
I'm breaking a Nova SR that's been sat on my drive for a year. I tried selling it a few months ago with no takers. Apologies to everyone who sent me messages after the auction and recieved no reply, i haven't logged on here for ages.

The Nova has 2L GTE brakes (rusty discs) powered by a mk3 astra 16v sport master cylinder and servo, GSi bumpers, electric window and central locking bits, strut brace, smoked tail lights, 15" fox evo 5's in an anthracite style colour (fair amount of tread left on two of the tyres).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/bobotheclownh938/ebaynova.jpg

I'm after ?400 (slightly negotiable) for the engine with ancilleries and gearbox. It's a 1.3 SR block with a port polished 1.2 head and an F13 gearbox. It has twin 40 Webber carbs (no filters), Irmscher inlet manifold, i believe a 285? Piper camshaft, adjustable vernier pulley, KP pistons, and ARP rod bolts. It had just over a grands worth of work on it by a company called 'Jam Sport' in Northampton last summer, replacing a failed headgasket, skimming the head, rebuilding the carbs, fitting the cam (replacing the 300? that was in there), and tuning it on their rolling road. I have a receipt for this work. The rolling road printout is below:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/bobotheclownh938/RRPrintout.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/bobotheclownh938/ebayenginebay.jpg

The previous owner claimed that the engine had a misfire when it came back from Jam Sport, i haven't driven the car so i don't know the nature of the misfire. I believe it is apparent at full throttle and high revs. The engine has been sitting in the car since i bought it last year, i intended to use the shell for a project and sell the engine, but i ended up using a different shell altogether so the car's just been sitting. I have started it very occasionally to move it around the drive, but that was very occasionally.

I also have a pair of unpainted non-genuine front wings, slightly scratched.

Parts that cannot be posted must be collected from Milton Keynes, or i can meet half way in exchange for petrol costs.

Thanks,

Bob

It would help if i had posted this in the right section, could a mod please move it?

Adam
08-09-06, 03:43 PM
How much do you want for the Gsi front bumper?

And just the 40s,inlet,throttle cables(not the head etc etc), and the piper cam?

Ricky G
08-09-06, 03:44 PM
how much for the wheels??

MK_Bob
08-09-06, 04:15 PM
How much do you want for the Gsi front bumper?

And just the 40s,inlet,throttle cables(not the head etc etc), and the piper cam?
?30 for the bumper.

If nobody buys the entire engine in the next few days then i will sell it in bits. In this case the 40's, inlet manifold, cables and cam would be ?250. The choke cables are missing in case you wanted those too.

Ricky G - ?60 for the wheels

Cheers guys

19-NoZ-19
08-09-06, 04:47 PM
where abouts are you?

MK_Bob
08-09-06, 04:49 PM
Milton Keynes.

Ricky G
08-09-06, 04:58 PM
60 pond for the wheels in the pic?? im def interested! how much tread are on the tyres??

MK_Bob
08-09-06, 05:10 PM
Yep ?60, i need the car gone very soon so bits are being priced low!

Two tyres have a fair amount of tread, the other two are low, but still legal. The alloys have a few scratches but nothing serious.

Ricky G
08-09-06, 05:21 PM
consider that a deal then mate! only problem is my car has just ran out of mot so i cant pick them up. my mums boyfriend lives in milton keynes tho so if i ask him nicely im sure he would get them for me at some point. just 1 more question tho do they rub atall on the arches a smy car is lowerd?

dan23
08-09-06, 07:38 PM
the wings you ve got are they mk1
how much for bonnet ?

sri_boi
08-09-06, 07:53 PM
pm'd! :thumb:

MK_Bob
08-09-06, 07:57 PM
The wings are the same as the ones currently on the car (i don't know a huge amount about Novas). ?10 each or ?15 for the pair.

The filler between the intake and bonnet has cracked in places, and the paint has faded. Hence ?10 for the bonnet.

coochiSR
08-09-06, 09:02 PM
Pm'd u mate
Dan

19-NoZ-19
09-09-06, 07:49 AM
pm'd

rick.

ellwood
09-09-06, 09:05 AM
how much for the strutbrace mate posted to Manchester:)

cheers Phil

MK_Bob
09-09-06, 02:56 PM
The strutbrace is ?30 inc. P&P. I'll need payment beforehand through paypal.

Bumpers sold.

dave_rand
09-09-06, 03:36 PM
how much for the grill posted?

MK_Bob
09-09-06, 04:08 PM
?15 for the grill posted. As above i'll need payment beforehand through paypal.

cooki_1.4 sport
09-09-06, 04:19 PM
how many miles has thne car dont mate+any history.
how much for the hole car as is.
got no mot or tax am guessing?

MK_Bob
09-09-06, 04:37 PM
Wheels sold
Strut brace sold

Practically no history, the mileage is 45k although neither the block or head are original.

No MOT or Tax, if you want the whole thing it will be missing everything that's been sold so far. It will have to be viewed immediately as it must be gone by the end of next week, so i can't put the breaking on hold whilst negotiating a deal on the whole thing. Sorry to be difficult but i'm in a tricky situation!

tom_beverley
09-09-06, 06:15 PM
You still got the vernier pulley inc postage, if so how much? PM me with info please

philly
09-09-06, 06:46 PM
have uu got the rear seats? cant really tell in the piccy.

MK_Bob
09-09-06, 08:21 PM
tom - I'll let you know if/when i decide to break the engine.

The interior has been stripped except for the front seats and dashboard. The drivers seat has a badly worn bolster and the dashboard has seen better days.