PDA

View Full Version : cav 18i Engine in nova??

Anonymous
13-03-01, 12:51 AM
Ive got a cav 18i engine that i wish to drop into my H reg nova sr, ive done the braking system (from a astra gte discs, callipers and servo and had the Suspension lowered with a G MEX kit, and have ditched the injection for a manta carb on the cav engine) my problem is what drive shafts to use ?? ive got the cavalier drive shafts and also my nova ones will I need gte nova drive shafts?? And also what manifold will I need will it be the cavalier one?? If any1 can help I would apr?s hat it thanxs

Anonymous
13-03-01, 08:08 AM
The 1.8 engine is derived from the big block, the conversion for a 1.8 is almost identical to that for a 2.0 8v or 16v. The major disadvantage is the extra weight of the engine. You are talking about major mods, you will needs some specially made shafts, the conversion will cost between ?500 and ?1500 depending on how far you want to go, and how much work you do yourself. In my opinion a tuned lighter 1.6 (small block) would be a good option.

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 08:09 AM
The 1.8 engine is derived from the big block, the conversion for a 1.8 is almost identical to that for a 2.0 8v or 16v. The major disadvantage is the extra weight of the engine. You are talking about major mods, you will needs some specially made shafts, the conversion will cost between ?500 and ?1500 depending on how far you want to go, and how much work you do yourself. In my opinion a tuned lighter 1.6 (small block) would be a good option.

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 10:56 AM
shafts = ?150

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
13-03-01, 08:21 PM
okay what parts will i need to make up the drive shafts and will i need nova GTE shafts?? sorry paul but im going to use this engine as i have it and no1 has phoned as its up 4 sale in the trader bit anyway i know its a top engine as it was mine in me cav b4 it was stolen (dirty F*ckin thieving b*sterds)and still it shuld be quite rapid in a nova?? whot u think:D

Anonymous
14-03-01, 08:14 AM
You can make your own shafts by splicing a 2.0 and 1.6 shaft together, I would not advise this, I did it and they snapped within a week. The best ones I have found are by MANN Transmissions in Beadale (off A1) they are machined from scratch using solid blanks (not joined like some) and look extreamly strong and chunky(as used by courtney and regal). You need to talk to Martin Tynker at Mann on 01677 424034. They are ?195 for the shafts, you will need an astra 2.0 inner CV and a Nova outer CV. I'll e-mail yuo some stuff. :)

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
14-03-01, 08:34 PM
paul your a top man, thanxs a million