PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Help...

Ste L
08-09-06, 08:22 AM
got these and want to wire them into the car....
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5031/PICT0002_Medium.JPG

and they have got 4 wires on the back..
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/5031/PICT0003_Medium.JPG

colours are :
Black
Brown
Blue/Yellow
Grey/Black

im guessing black = switched live, Brown = Earth

not sure what the other two are, i know one will be oil pressure and other is the light's, any one know which one's does which though

Cheers
Steve

Martin
08-09-06, 09:36 AM
sorry cant help ste but.. u kno that switch pannel you had in when you came to get that bumper.. were did you get it from? and watsthe sizes of it lol

hendrix
08-09-06, 01:30 PM
I think that it will be for the lights for the dials...i.e when you swtich on your lights it will light up (Like on the corsa display although that goes dimmer because its lcd).
In which case wire it up to the stereo wire which does the same job, not sure on colour sorry.

Lee H
08-09-06, 02:16 PM
Blue/yellow goes to oil pressure switch so presume the spare one is for the light.

Ste L
08-09-06, 02:37 PM
lee, you dont happen to have a spare oil pressure switch lying about do you,

as you may remember, when we doing sorting the wiring, it only has the single pin one on mine ?

Matt2107
08-09-06, 02:39 PM
Looks like your nearly there with the wiring Ste. Good stuff.

Lee H
08-09-06, 02:40 PM
Unfortunately not mate, had a few spares but can't find them as mate needs one.

mikey14sr
08-09-06, 09:34 PM
Those dials should light up just from having power to them through the ignition live, one of the wires will be for the oil pressure, the other one should go to the alternator charging light in the main clocks to get a signal to show the voltage.

Adam
09-09-06, 12:50 AM
Voltmeter will probably just get the volts from the ignition live feed?
Blue/yellow oil pressure as already said.

That brown looks brown/yellow on my screen tho? Dont know if its the cam flash or something..

bump
10-09-06, 01:24 AM
Voltmeter can take it's feed form the electric motor outs form the fuse box, ditto for lights on the dials and combined earth (Can't remember which teminal is which, can check in the morning if you need), put in a longer wire with the other three to go to the sender for the oil pressure sensor and an easy self built mini loom that pops in on spade connectors.

General Baxter
10-09-06, 10:36 AM
give me 5 mins there a quide somewhere

General Baxter
10-09-06, 10:39 AM
there supost to have a plug on ill get the col;ours in a min
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cavweb2000/pix/gauges.jpg

General Baxter
10-09-06, 10:43 AM
Therefore making 1 brown, 2 grey/black, 3 black and blue/yellow,4

sorted dont blame me if it down work as i just cut and pasted

Riggy
10-09-06, 11:54 AM
lee, you dont happen to have a spare oil pressure switch lying about do you,

as you may remember, when we doing sorting the wiring, it only has the single pin one on mine ?

i have one for you fella :thumb:

Ste L
10-09-06, 02:16 PM
i have one for you fella :thumb:

nice one fella, your a star, and cheers for that baxter :thumb:

DIY*VALVER84
11-09-06, 12:42 AM
as bump said, extend the brown and yello wire to the oil pressure switch and you can draw a feed from the fusebox for the voltmeter. they look sweet when there in!