PDA

View Full Version : suzuki gti engine

rednova
07-09-06, 09:02 PM
I know this gets asked every now n then but i was browsing on eurorallye and the have a cxorsa complete with suzuki gti engine running 40's, whats needed for this conversion and could anyone point me in the right direction for info. :)

ive checked the website on the side of the car but its under construction

cheers
Phil:thumb:

andymac
08-09-06, 02:50 PM
all you need to do weld the engine mount onto the nova and you buy a spacer plate that sits between engine and gearbox so you can you use the nova gearbox

aswrally
09-09-06, 12:09 AM
all you need to do weld the engine mount onto the nova and you buy a spacer plate that sits between engine and gearbox so you can you use the nova gearbox

you dont weld the mount you use a purpose made engine mount that bolts to the suzuki block and fits the shell otherwise you will have probs with it pulling driveshafts if it isnt spot on

clutch
you run the suzuki pressure plate using the vaux 190mm center plate (use an unsprung paddle) otherwise the springs rub on the flywheel bolts.then i also extended the release bearing carrier tube by the same thickness as my adapter plate. you also need the alter the clutch lever on the box otherwise you need the cable adjusted fully just to get half a decent pedal

cooling
use a nova gte rad but you have to make a pipe to run across the engine bay to get from the top hose to the engine block outlet

exhaust
use the suzuki manifold and vaux system you have to cut the bend on the system where it would normally go to manifold and make it into a straight run...the flanges are the same

alternator needs another 12v feed wire as the suzuki uses 2.... 1 switched live 1 through warning bulb
you also need the engine to gearbox adapter plate ..the only place you probably find one is either iain@eurorallye or new from bill falconer in scotland they retail at around ?140 new and the engine mount is around ?100

inlet manifolds are hard to find for 40s i changed mine to run on bike carbs and it performs miles better
if you need to know anymore on this email me on allister@aswrally.co.uk
www.aswrally.co.uk (http://www.aswrally.co.uk)

rednova
09-09-06, 11:59 AM
cheers that was spot on info:thumb: