PDA

View Full Version : engine conversion

novacraig
07-09-06, 07:52 PM
hiya everyone i am new and i just got hold of a nova

i want to put a calibra 4x4 turbo engine in with a f28 gearbox but will the engine fit because it is a K reg nova and i thought the engine looks abit big to put in.

what would the 0-60 be on a standard spec calibra engine because that does it in 6.5 so i would say it will be quicker than that like low 6's or high 5's

cheers craig

rednova
07-09-06, 08:04 PM
you'll need a 2.0 16v conversion kit, engine m,ount drive shafts etc, you'll also need to strengthen the front end by stitch welding all the seams, you'll need bigger brakes too which will mean new wheels, oh n the chassis leg needs modifying i think to clear the altenator pulley? cant really guess how quick it will be as theres too many variables, state of car (stripped / kitted) state of engine, driver and the cali has 4x4

novacraig
07-09-06, 08:14 PM
so there is quiet alot of work then but the conversion kit is 700 pound but is the corsa they say it is alot easier to put in

cheers craig

rednova
07-09-06, 09:40 PM
not much easier - you'll still need the conversion kit but people recon you dot have to do the welding but tbh id do it anyway as i doubt youd be able to stick with standard power etc etc lol

novacraig
07-09-06, 09:55 PM
well i think you will be rite bout not sticking to the standard power but what do i actually have to weld thou

craig

rednova
07-09-06, 10:00 PM
just the seams around the engine bay - theyre only spot welded together and will just rip apart if you dont weld em up

Philsutton
08-09-06, 05:26 PM
personaly i would weld up every seam in the engine an more. Fitting wise its the same as the non turbo bar the boost pipes ect... If using the F28 then you will need to convert it 2wd, drill an tap the box to fit the back mount and use a different front gear box mount that the F20.

0-60 wise i managed 4.92 at trax last week but then agian mine isnt standard engine, box.

Lee
08-09-06, 05:38 PM
personally id stich weld the entire car! Chassis legs, around the rear turrets, boot floor etc... . All gives the car more rigidity and .. ergo.. better handling.