PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 sri tuning??

sri_boi
07-09-06, 04:44 PM
i want to tune my 1.4 sri but aint sure what mods i can do? my mate is selling a kent cam 270...is that and good? also would i need anythink else...vernier pulley for adjusting it?

plz help me out...in need! cheers :thumb:

craig green
07-09-06, 05:01 PM
learn to use the search function at the top of the page.

This question has been asked about 9,000 times & the answers are all archived.

YO

sri_boi
07-09-06, 05:21 PM
cant find nothing on what cams are good and that tho for an sri...thats why im asking on here!

craig green
07-09-06, 05:29 PM
Fair enough. Ive just searched & it dosent throw up much.

heres my advice in 20seconds.

Get a flowed head (big valve if possible)
4 branch manifold & exhaust system
Have fuel injectors cleaned
Use regular NGK or similar plugs (not fancy splitfires/Bosch 4's) etc
Cone filter or drilled airbox & cold air feed. Equally as good.
Decent fast road cam, anything toolairy wont pull until you get beyond 4k rpm or so. Below that it will be frustrating.

These comments apply to almost all engines.

sri_boi
07-09-06, 05:42 PM
cheers:thumb: can u post estimate prices aswell please! also what about the kent 270 cam? wot do you think of it? and how much are they? friends selling one but dusnt no how much for wants an offer off me...

Stuart
07-09-06, 06:23 PM
do you want us to fit the parts too? lmao

the 1400 sri would really be great with ohhhhh the GrpA kit in the forsale forum ;)

sri_boi
07-09-06, 06:27 PM
na i would rather see you mother bend ova my bay n do it!

Gunzi
08-09-06, 11:13 AM
Of this list above the head is the most expeisive thing by far. A Bill Blydenstein B+ head would be the best option.

I'd offer him ?70 for the cam, more if it comes with the vernier pulley / uprated springs / followers etc.

Plugs ~?15
4 Branch ~?50
Panel filter ?30 new
Cut a large circular section out of the airbox (below the filter) and attach a matched bit of large piping to it. Also take out any random ridges inside the airbox.