PDA

View Full Version : Cannonball Run 2006

Jonlem
07-09-06, 01:04 AM
A couple of my friends had booked up to do this years Cannonball Run, for those of you that know nothing about it then click on this link .. www.cannonball8000.com (http://www.cannonball8000.com) .

The Co driver was sadly diagnosed with Cancer a few months ago and a operation to remove the cancer failed, he goes into hospital next week so he will miss the event.

For this reason he has asked me to take his place for it, a offer I could not refuse, pricey but well worth it !

We will be driving a 1979 Capri fitted with a Rover V8, its no Porka or Ferrari but its going to be quite a adventure in it thats for sure.

We leave a week this friday from Earls Court London, we travel as far as Budapest where we will try out the Hungarian F1 circuit then we plan to visit the Nurburgring on the way home.

All costs have been covered for the event but we are still looking for sponsorship if anyone can help or has any good ideas then I would be pleased to hear them.

The event will be broadcasted on ITV1 and ITV2 so there will be plenty of good advertising available.

Please make sure you tune in to the show and my aim is to keep everyone updated with our progress along our way.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to writing to everyone from a land that seems far far away right now !

Regards

James

Matt2107
07-09-06, 09:48 AM
Have fun!
I'm sure you'll enjoy every second.

Jonlem
07-09-06, 01:16 PM
Cheers mate.

I expect we will.

I'm looking forward to getting back to the ring a lot as well :)

Matt2107
07-09-06, 01:43 PM
Oh make sure you take decent photo's of any smashed up supercars... always puts a smile on my face especially seeing as a mirror can cost thousands to replace.

craig green
07-09-06, 01:46 PM
Look forward to updates. Pics are mandatory & we want to see loadsa hunnies too.

Matt2107
07-09-06, 01:56 PM
oh I forgot about the hunnies

Austin_Nova16
07-09-06, 03:07 PM
No doubt thats going to be an absolutly mental journey! Have a great time!
...and all the best for your mate! :thumb:

Mr_C
07-09-06, 03:32 PM
Have fun matey! Will it be televised this year like the past events ?

Dod
07-09-06, 03:37 PM
****ing class. I wanna do it next year when i get back on my feet, in something ****ed looking like a faded Red Cav with an LET or a General Lee replica. Something to make the Rich Dicks cry!!! Seen the documentrys on the TV, and it looks class!!!

Matty Moo
07-09-06, 03:37 PM
as i said to you the other day mate.. awesome news. hope u have a good time.

Dec16v
07-09-06, 04:54 PM
Awesome event, I done the first one in 2003, me and a mate came 15th in a Cooper 'S'... A weekend of speeding, racing, partying, drinking and birds galore!!!!! :D

Check me out in the 2003 gallery...

http://www.cannonball8000.com/event/images/P9210076.jpg

http://www.cannonball8000.com/event/images/P9210111.jpg

Met up with a bunch of blokes from www.theratpac.com (http://www.theratpac.com) - true nutters!!

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it, tell Conrad that Dec said hi!!

Dec

Jonlem
07-09-06, 06:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

There will be plenty of pics for sure and loads of video.

Dec- i remember watching that year on tv, awesome, glad someone on here has been.

You may be able to answer a question I have actually.

Requirements say I need a Black tie outfit/shoes for Budapest party.
I dont have a dinner jacket as yet as I'm wondering wether a white shir and black bow tie will be ok, obviously I have a damn fine suit already though ;)

I dont want to spend anymore money than I have to tbh as with 12 days notice its been a bit awkward getting the money together ! LOL

We also got a little write up in our local newspaper :)

http://www.huntspost.co.uk/content/hunts/news/story.aspx?brand=HPTOnline&category=News&tBrand=cambs24&tCategory=NewsHPT&itemid=WEED06%20Sep%202006%2011%3A56%3A29%3A103

Mike
07-09-06, 07:52 PM
Lucky git! Im sooooo going to do that one day!

womble sri
07-09-06, 08:31 PM
need a co co driver? haha

Jonlem
07-09-06, 09:55 PM
I am the co - driver !

benthehash
07-09-06, 10:28 PM
good luck safe driving and best wishes to your mate

Matt2107
08-09-06, 09:08 AM
I dont have a dinner jacket as yet as I'm wondering wether a white shir and black bow tie will be ok, obviously I have a damn fine suit already though ;)

I dont want to spend anymore money than I have to tbh as with 12 days notice its been a bit awkward getting the money together ! LOL

Little bit dishonest but couldnt you hire one and pay cash for the deposit then just keep it.... cheaper than buying one.

Dec16v
08-09-06, 05:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

There will be plenty of pics for sure and loads of video.

Dec- i remember watching that year on tv, awesome, glad someone on here has been.

You may be able to answer a question I have actually.

http://www.huntspost.co.uk/content/hunts/news/story.aspx?brand=HPTOnline&category=News&tBrand=cambs24&tCategory=NewsHPT&itemid=WEED06%20Sep%202006%2011%3A56%3A29%3A103

Nice one mate, If you can, try and get a proper dinner jacket and bow tie, you can get these pretty cheap these days - I think Moss Bros etc hire them out too. It'll be worth it when you're in Budapest largeing it up with all the models :)

Good luck pal, drive safely

Dec

Ste L
08-09-06, 05:35 PM
whats the cost these days to do the cannonball run?

Jonlem
08-09-06, 07:28 PM
Dec- reserved one today mate ;)

Will be awesome !