PDA

View Full Version : astra GTE dash in a nova???

Anonymous
12-03-01, 12:27 AM
any1 know if a astra GTE didgi dash will go into a nova sr and what will i need?? i think ive seen it done?? mail back @ v5uk@boltblue.com thanks

Anonymous
12-03-01, 01:54 AM
Yep, you've seen it done.

Are you talking about MKI or MKII SR?
It can be fitted in either, but it's miles easier fitting into a MKII dash, as it more or less drops in. See this guide for details:

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/novadude999/digital.htm

As for fitting it a MKI dash, this can also be done (I did it last Sunday - 4th), but it takes more work, as you have to physically cut the dash, to allow the larger LCD dash to fit in.
The LCD unit is more of a square shape, but the original unit is tapered towards to top. Therefore, the hole in the dash needs to be widened at the top, to allow the LCD unit to fit, and the only way to do it, is to cut slits in the corners, which allows the sides to bend out of the way, and give clearance for the unit to fit.

You are left with triangular-shaped holes at the top corners of the hole, but what I'm doing, it making a surround out of plastic sheeting, that I'll fasten into the hole to form a new surround, thereby covering up the holes, and giving a decent finish.

It may actually be quicker and easier to just fit a MKII dash though....which I may do, depending how good a finish I can get.
I fancy a MKII dash though, so I may fit one anyway.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 09:34 AM
use a mk2 cav surround in a mk1 dash

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
12-03-01, 12:13 PM
i want a digi dash 2 i have a mk2 dash and could fit it in ok but i have no idea when it comes to electrics, i dont understand the wiring diagrams at all

:D

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:55 PM
use a mk2 cav surround in a mk1 dash

Good idea....is that what other people have done? That would certainly be a better finish.
Has anyone got more info on doing this?

Anonymous
13-03-01, 12:29 AM
thanxs rich.dale your a top man so u r
thanxs 4 your help
im going to give it a bash this weekend (then ill fit the dash,hehe)now where's that kleenex??

Anonymous
13-03-01, 01:09 AM
ps its me that was asking not nduckworth1 but was not a member at the time.
BUT I AM NOW HAHAHAHAHA sorry went a bit mad there :D

Anonymous
13-03-01, 11:17 AM
There?s a guide for fitting into a Mk1 dash on www.vauxnova.co.uk.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 11:30 AM
Whops! The above should read http://www.novauk.homestead.com/ :D
There?s also a guide on changing the color of the dash LED's.
Sorry about the mistake! :'>

Anonymous
13-03-01, 10:54 PM
Cheers for that Voodoo.....I'm taking a look now......I'm back....looks pretty good.

There's even a section on changing the colours that the display lights up!

My uncle just happens to have got on old MKII cav sat on his drive, that he's been stripping for bits.....I think I'll have the dash off him.

Cheers again m8.