PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16V wiring

Anonymous
11-03-01, 10:12 PM
Well, I,ve been studying the Haynes manual diagram for the 2.0 16V (1990 Astra Mk2) in preparation for my Nova conversion, and it seems the wire from the speed sensor (gearbox) goes to the ECU and then another wire from the ECU to the dash. My question is: as I?m planning on fitting the engine first and the dash/gearbox sensor later (when I get a Mk2 dash) will the engine work? There?s also another wire from the ECU to the fuel computer (wich I dont have), but I suppose this won't be a problem... will it?
And I hear something about the starter connection input to the ecu???? What?s up with that?
Any ideas? Cheers!

Anonymous
12-03-01, 09:33 AM
I'm free to help with this if you need a hand
ecu doesn't connect to clocks
fuel comp doesn't matter
starter to ecu!!! yeh right :-P

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---

Anonymous
12-03-01, 10:04 AM
The only problem I found with mine was making sure the fuel pump ran when the ignition was turned of and connecting a + to the injector relay from the ignition so it knows when the engine is on. All the standard engine sensors need wiring aswell. I would sugest getting a gas soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing, also get some of that multi core cable used for wiring up trailer/caravan sockets as a cheap way to get diferent coloured wires.

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:43 AM
injector relay??
don't you mean fuel pump relay?

Anonymous
12-03-01, 11:56 AM
Could be your probably right Ste? I called it the injector relay because I think it also suplies the power to the injectors aswell? Anyway its the relay that fits on the bulkhead,It should click/switch when you turn the ignition to the first position.

Get out of my sweet shop.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 12:45 AM
Yep, thats the fuel pump relay. should run and pressurise the fuel system between the fuel pump, and the pressure regulator. If u leave it in the 1st position it will only run for about a second, then stop. If the motor doesnt run, or keeps running u know that there is a fault with the pump/realy, or if it keeps running u have probs with the regulator or a leak!

Anonymous
13-03-01, 10:58 AM
Sorry to say this Ste, but on the haynes diagram for the 2.0 16V, there IS a wire going from the speed sensor to the ECU and another from the ECU to the Dash. What I need to know is if the engine works without the speed sensor conected!

Anonymous
13-03-01, 11:52 AM
The wire to the speed sensor will probably only be there for the digital dash models at a guess.

I'm not all there, Theres something missing, I'm not all there.

Anonymous
13-03-01, 12:47 PM
how do you think peeps with out digi dashes get there 16v engines working !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. only 2 wires on my ecu that i'm not using and both are for the fuel comp
so you don't need it!!!! ok

Anonymous
13-03-01, 01:22 PM
OK Ste, didn?t mean to get you angry.
It?s just that I want everything to go ok, and I thought it was weird for the speed sensor to go through the ECU, but I supose I,ll figure it out when I start connecting things up... B-)

Anonymous
15-03-01, 11:15 PM
Stick some carbs on it and forget about all that innit!?