PDA

View Full Version : Mvaux Turbo

Jimbogsi
06-09-06, 03:06 AM
Hi guys im new :):) , I have just brought a Nova Gsi 1.6 and i need a bit more power I have been thinking about my different options you know C20xe ect but i dont want to be like every one else so i am pondering the idea of a turbo conversion :):).

I wanted to find out the following info

1. Are Mvaux kits any good ( all that kit for ?600 sounds too cheap )
2. If i run the engine with 10psi of boost will the engine need internal work
3. Will i have to upgrade the head gasket to a copper one or can i put two headgasket to lower the cr ( If i need a upgraded head gasket who can supply one and approx how much
4. What type of fuel system to use, I spoke to a engine tuner and he told me not to bother with the reg and but a chip that he can map

Thanks James :thumb: :thumb:

Stuart
06-09-06, 08:03 AM
if he can map a chip specifically to your enigne then id go with that option.... i simply dont trust dual rate pressure regs etc.
lots of the LET guys have had turbo kits from Mvaux and claim good results so no reason to doubt the kit quality for the 1600.
personally id stick with a standard GM head gasket and get lower compression pistons to do the job properly, esp if you can have the ecu remapped so you can take full advantage of the turbo.
btw "boost" figures kinda mean naff all as you can have a turbo spec that will flow say 22lbs of air at 5psi, and aslong as the engine can take that ammount of air in then you should be producing about 220 bhp.. thats jsut an exmaple. Might be worth ANYONE looking at turbos etc to get back issues of fast ford for the tech articles! they are VERY good.

Jimbogsi
06-09-06, 02:05 PM
Thanks stuart for that is it possible to run the car with uprated pistons ?

Jimbogsi
06-09-06, 02:11 PM
Thanks stuart for that is it possible to run the car without uprated pistons , and if so what level of boost with out det , because i want about 130 to 140 bhp. Will the cr be ok for that :roll:, will the car be reilable running a turbo thanks james

Stuart
06-09-06, 02:43 PM
for power levels that "low" in the turbo world you should be able to run 5-10psi with reasonable reliability. Make damn sure you have atleast an FMIC or even better would be a charge cooler.

Jimbogsi
06-09-06, 03:23 PM
Hi stuart i have spoke to courtney today and they told me to buy an 2mm spacer plate and i should be able to run at least 7 psi i am going to get a fmic or would i be able to use 2 headgaskets:roll: , instead of the 2mm spacer plates thanks james

Stuart
06-09-06, 03:32 PM
just buy the pistons from Mvaux with a lower compression ratio... unless you really dont care about the engine and only want to have a turbo for the dump valve....
Id NEVER consider a poxy spacer plate as imho its a bit of a bodge and can mess up the combustion charateristics, and that can lead to det etc.